Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

"...this new album is perfectly tee’d up to be COB’s most significant and successful release to date, with lead single/video ‘Was It Worth It?’ getting the ball rolling on February 7th 2010."

As for what to expect musically, Laiho added, "It's maybe a little more melodic than 'Blooddrunk' was. It's maybe more guitar riff-oriented, really '80s guitar and stuff like that."

When Laiho says "riff-oriented", it smells of AYDY. I hope I'm wrong.

if the mixing and mastering is done , and the album is ready , why so long ?!

Ah dude, but the HYPE, the MARKETING. Although, they seem to be failing pretty bad at the latter thus far, though.

Or maybe they're doing one of those Dethklok things where they keep deleting the album :lol:

Ah dude, but the HYPE, the MARKETING. Although, they seem to be failing pretty bad at the latter thus far, though.

Or maybe they're doing one of those Dethklok things where they keep deleting the album :lol:

Dethklok is awesome! But i guess alexi has tons og unused riffs which he deleates from his recording device! :p

Just saw it.
I need some time to gather my thoughts..
The beginning sounded okay although it doesn't have the CoB feeling, after that a basic riff so that doesn't say much.

From COB website :

CHILDREN OF BODOM will release its new album Relentless Reckless Forever, recorded in Finland's Petrax Studios with famed rock producer Matt Hyde (Slayer, Monster Magnet), on March 8, 2011 via Universal Music.

Today, COB reveals the album's cover art and track listing.
OFFICIAL ARTWORK :
COB_relentlessCover.jpg

The track listing for CHILDREN OF BODOM's Relentless Reckless Forever is as follows:

1.) Not My Funeral
2.) Shovel Knockout
3.) Roundtrip to Hell and Back
4.) Pussyfoot Miss Suicide
5.) Relentless Reckless Forever
6.) Ugly
7.) Cry of the Nihilist
8.) Was It Worth It?
9.) Northpole Throwdown
Bonus track: Party All the Time (Eddie Murphy cover)

The first single and video from Relentless Reckless Forever is "Was it Worth It?". "The single is a total party song", said Laiho. "It's not your typical Bodom sound, but it's one of my favorites and heavy as hell."

A high resolution trailer clip of the video - directed by Dale Resteghini and featuring two-time X Games gold medalist and two-time Thrasher Magazine "Skater of the Year" Chris Cole as well as noted pro skaters Jamie Thomas and Tom Asta (the current #1 Amateur skateboarder in the world) - can be viewed now at the album's promo website:

WWW.RELENTLESSRECKLESSFOREVER.COM

so there is where Roundtrip to Hell and Back went..
I wonder how close to the Blooddrunk sound the song will be.

From the titles my favourite is Cry of the Nihilist. It just sounds so cool.
Northpole Throwdown makes me think of another Roadkill Morning-styled song: short, fast, agressive. But there is no way of knowing it yet.

As far as the artwork goes:
Definetly different, but my first reaction was: I like it. And I'm sticking to it. To me it feels like it has a more grownup style.
And it's partially greenish (although more yellow) so Joonas was partially right. kinda.

Damn it,great!
I don't like that reaper very much but all in all i think it's not a bad cover for the album...
The video clip doesn't say much but I like that sound and that style,I think we'll be really surprised this time,can't fucking wait!

After taking a better look at the cover and seeing it in a larger size, have to say I like it too. The reaper is different but kind of cool. But yeh, really looking forward to the album.