Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

By name alone I already agree.
Pussyfoot Miss Suicide is the worst one and Cry of the Nihilist is the coolest name.

Of course you want to dedicate the best song titles to the best songs, as long as they fit together, so it's logical. Cry of the Nihilist is the best title together with Roundtrip to Hell and Back, while Not My Funeral, Shovel Knockout and Ugly are pretty cool as well. Rest of the titles just sound like they had to come up with something to call the referably mediocre tracks.

My favorite titles are Cry of the Nihilist and Not my funeral. According to his opinion they are strongest songs on album too. It's just his opinion. will see.
And in some point i dont like to read reviews befor hearing album. These reviews in my subconscious will shapes my view on songs :D

The harmonies from AYDY and BD are more complex because they are better structiured through the whole songs and more complicated.

I dunno, maybe you're right, but I can't hear it. Last time you mentioned it, I fired up Blooddrunk and Smile Pretty for the Devil and compared it to FTR, and what I could hear in the latter was a distinct, logical chord progression, while in the former most of what they do is riff one chord while covering it with non-harmonic arpeggios. Maybe it was just a bad choice of songs to compare on my part.

I dunno, maybe you're right, but I can't hear it. Last time you mentioned it, I fired up Blooddrunk and Smile Pretty for the Devil and compared it to FTR, and what I could hear in the latter was a distinct, logical chord progression, while in the former most of what they do is riff one chord while covering it with non-harmonic arpeggios. Maybe it was just a bad choice of songs to compare on my part.

Also, regardless of which one is "better" (matter of personal taste), the FTR chord progressions might seem more immediately distinct due to them being more simple. Not a bad thing, just different.

And if you listen closely, or learn them on guitar, Blooddrunk and Smile Pretty (as well as most of the others on the album, and AYDY) rarely riff on just one chord.

Whether you like the sound/style or not is up to you, with no right or wrong, but it's important to consider those aforementioned factors.

One thing, i think, is that Alexi is trying to constantly push his guitar playing forward. The albums are pretty much progressively harder to play on guitar (with the exception of Something Wild).

I just want to see if he continues that nonsense with RRF or has he calmed down a bit and concentrates more on the music...

Yeah, making good sounding music doesn't have to be difficult to play. Being firstly a guitarist, Alexi is a rarity because he also knows what kind of composions actually rock, it's natural in him. I wouldn't mind them making slightly less advanced/difficult music (especially as I'm not capable of playing the hard stuff) if it granted lots more atmosphere. Or a bit of what they call show-off like Hatebreeder, I don't mind if it sounds that good. To give an extreme example, this one douché told me COB is just simply patterns being played one after another and there's nothing interesting about the music. To each his own opinion. I'd imagine a true composer tries to make a song that both showcases his current playing limit and also his ability to write a catchy song.

Do we really care about the titles? When I read "Lil Bloodred Riddin' Hood" I was like "WTF is going on here?". It took me one listen to forget about the ridiculous song title. Let's hope same thing happens with those songs and we should be good to go.

I like a couple of songs of Offspring :lol:

What are you gonna do. Not all who like music likes metal. Not all who likes metal likes COB. Not all who likes COB likes a particular album, and most likely even disagree about songs within an album if they happen to like the same album. It's hard to find like-mindedness in plain music.

Kind of haha. The Offspring was the first band I liked "by myself", as in not something my dad played in the car on trips, so I have to love them :lol:

I don't get what any of this has to do with anything :lol: even if it's all true and not hyperbole, what does it mean in the context of our current discussion? I don't recall saying COB sucks except to annoy people like you :p I'm not hardcore into them as I was when I was 16. I grew up, my tastes changed but I still like the band. When I first joined this forum, I was like you, pissing and moaning that people didn't like AYDY and all that stuff. The fact you're still on the whiteknight trip is kinda sad dude. Being an asshole for fun with people you've known for years is one thing, being a crybaby on the otherhand, is just... well you can imagine how others perceive that.

I only spoke up now because any time I come on this forum, you're waving the banner for COB in the most overdramatic way. I've literally been reading your bullshit for months, sorry I had to say something. I find it funny you don't see the logic and continue to defend yourself. I'm not saying you're wrong or right with what you say, more like if you're so convinced it's right then why bother? Don't you get sick of saying the same shit over and over? I'm tired of reading it, that's for damn sure. My scroll wheel can't even skip it fast enough :lol:

The band doesn't give a shit, so neither should you. People talk. When I'm trying to find out info on when the new video is gonna drop and I'm sifting through pages of your bullshit because someone said they think this CD is gonna suck... get a grip.

If you don't get what it has to do it's probably because you didn't even read what I wrote. Your reply sure looks like it. You like shitfests, but that belongs to COBOT, so back there you go, I'm not going to ramble and argue with you in here, but it's fun that you perceive my posts as being repetitive and not the constant argument-void "new Bodom sucks and always will" that fills on-topic by people no longer interested on them. Fun that you tell me to get a grip, way to go Joe. Now go claim your interwebz supremacy over me.

Not so impatient. There is still a long time between now and the official release of a WIWI (February).
And they are really trying to prevent leaks so you can't use that argument anymore.

Some news or more samples would be nice.. I'm kinda losing interest without anything new..
Especially cause this thread is starting to get very boring as well...

I guess I'll just wait for march and hope to be informed by other people if there is any news..

Yeah it's possible the album is leaked in 3 weeks. But my guess is they did not send promo CD's this time, only held a couple listening parties. Maybe we'll only hear the album once it's in stores after 10 weeks. My interest grows more and more and 10 weeks feels like nothing anymore. Can't wait to hear what kind of songs those track titles contain.

^^In the Soundi-interview Alexi said that this time they've tried to be extra careful so that the album wouldnt leak so early before the releasing date. They try not to fuck up it this time like happened with Blooddrunk.

I'm glad they're taking extra steps to make it not leak; even though i don't mind leaks and think they're good (i'd want my music to get to fans as soon as possible) i do think the one downside is they're usually shitty quality. if it could be leaked in 320kbs or flac i wouldn't care but i think i'm going to wait for a full quality version before even checking it out for once. when the product gets to fans early but in a shitty quality version it's just a huge bummer.

Children Of Bodom will release their seventh studio album, Relentless Reckless Forever, on 08 March 2011, with the single 'Was It Worth It?' preceding it on 14 February 2011

the last paragraph of this site: http://www.thrashhits.com/2010/12/season%E2%80%99s-bleeding-2010-2011-children-of-bodom/

...They're killing me. February? Are you kidding me? There better be a COBTV 4 soon, hopefully with nice background samples of the album. I'm losing my mind here waiting for this thing. :(

it will be released in february, but played on the radio around new year ;)
So we will be able to hear it (in shitty quality probably) sometime in early january :)