Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

this thread is about what you want,right? I can tell you guys:
You wont get what you want :lol:

I mean ,it's cool that you all have wishes,but did any album turn out like you wanted it to be?

Smilex and Done... were still funny songs and not many metal heads like that stuff. They do still have some humour songs that actually sound pretty nice, such as Bastards, but the two ones on Blooddrunk were quite mediocre.

I agree DWEDFN could do with more punch in the melodies at least, but SPFTD is a pretty good track, and with FTR tone it woulnd't have felt weird in there imho.

I want a second AYDY but with the guitar tone from HB, the keys from BD and the atmosphere from FTR. Or just a good album.
Btw. do any of you remeber HCDR? I've just noticed that all discussions about Bodom albums are about HB,FTR (old) and AYDY & BD (new) and maybe a bit about SW. But nobody cares about HCDR. It's no old and no new Bodom but the worst album with shitty melodies, bad mastering, bad guitar tone, songs nobody's talking about. Only exception is YBOD.

+

I wish they made Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood for Follow the Reaper. It's got so much potential. Other than that and Angels Don't Kill there's no atmosphere on that album.

Are you two going deaf/insane???

HCD has TONS of keys and interludes and great melodies (tell me that Chockeholds duals, Needled's main melody, HCD, YBOD, BB... aren't good melodies), sick solos (Sixpounder, HCD...) and I'm sorry but pretty much the best mix of all Bodom albums. Mastering was low, yeah, but low doesn't mean bad. Or is Death Magnetic mastering your goal? Also, they fixed the volume stuff on the 2008 edition if you're that much worried about it.

This is your opinion. I only like YBOD. The rest is horrible. Some songs have some cool solos but nothing more and the melodies for Needled and Chokehold are lame. Sorry, but this is my opinion :)

Out of words here. Everyone praises FTR for melodies and keys usage and shit on Blooddrunk and AYDY for heaviness and bad mixes, then HCD has tons of keys and cool melodies and, I'll say again, the best mix of all COB albums, and it lacks atmosphere and said melodies are bad?

I'm gonna have to start believing it's true we Bodom fans don't know what they want but just want what they don't have even if I don't.

For me its just their worst album - except SW. I have never said anything against the tone of AYDY, but maybe because of Trashed which is in another league. Sure, the tone from FTR and BD was better but AYDY is one of my favorite albums. And ok, the tone on HCDR isn't that bad - the guitars were definitely better than the one on AYDY but it's just the thing that I don't like any song on HCDR - except YBOD. 70% percent of all those COB wannabies says they don't like new Bodom so why can't I say I don't like HCDR?
About BD...not my favorite album but surely the best mastered album for me.

HB has a great guitar tone, great solos and 2 of my favorite songs on it, FTR has his great atmospehre - not the best songs but ETID pawns most of all other Bodom songs. AYDY is my favorite album because of his heaviness, Trashed and Alexis "new" voice and BD is the best mastered album with great keys and good guitar tone. HCDR has nothing for me

The feeling of mythology is not there, that's what's wrong about HCDR. I just did some comparison with fresh ears and yeah, Follow the Reaper WIPES THE FLOOR with HCDR as a listening experience, it's so much more overwhelming and captivating. Kind of, Follow the Reaper seduces you to become a fan, while HCDR just tries to impress with everything you can do with metal instruments and fingers.

FTR has his great atmospehre - not the best songs but ETID pawns most of all other Bodom songs. AYDY is my favorite album because of his heaviness

Everytime I Die sounds awesome. It's a gem among all of COB's tracks.

I think tracks 1, 2, 4 in AYDY share in common the sheer heaviness joined with a feeling of this "mythology" - I can't find a better word. Because of those songs mainly that album has much more of that feeling than HCDR.

FTR also has pretty interesting and fun drumming formulas in it. Listening to Children Of Decadence now and the drums seem pretty complex and funny stuff. Now that I think about it, could it be that it's the drums that are the biggest reason why FTR feels less brutal than most of COB. (Jaska did state this was the album when he learnt to experiment.)

Imagine it; a new version of FTR with more brutal drumming, darker sounds and meaner vocals. And a new chorus for KTS.

For me its just their worst album - except SW. I have never said anything against the tone of AYDY, but maybe because of Trashed which is in another league. Sure, the tone from FTR and BD was better but AYDY is one of my favorite albums. And ok, the tone on HCDR isn't that bad - the guitars were definitely better than the one on AYDY but it's just the thing that I don't like any song on HCDR - except YBOD. 70% percent of all those COB wannabies says they don't like new Bodom so why can't I say I don't like HCDR?
About BD...not my favorite album but surely the best mastered album for me.

HB has a great guitar tone, great solos and 2 of my favorite songs on it, FTR has his great atmospehre - not the best songs but ETID pawns most of all other Bodom songs. AYDY is my favorite album because of his heaviness, Trashed and Alexis "new" voice and BD is the best mastered album with great keys and good guitar tone. HCDR has nothing for me

I never said you can't like AYDY or BD or not like HCD, I do like all albums more or less equally (top beeing HCD). But I don't see what HCD songs have to envy from the songs on the other albums, I think they're all really strong, there's no "weak" song like e.g. DWEDFN.

About mastering, HCD's the clearest sounding, the one with more consistent drum sound and the one with better chosen keys presence overall, plus the best guitar tone as far as I'm concerned: crystal clear but quite powerful at the same time. Second comes AYDY, third HB, fourth FTR, fifth BD and last SW. AYDY lacks a bit of guitars and some synths but is really decent overall; HB is awesome but the tones themselves could have been a bit better; FTR is quite good overall, but the low ends aren't too well defined and I seriously don't know what they were thinking with ETID mix; BD is really really powerful and they did do a great effort getting those maybe too distorted guitars for Bodom to sound clean as fuck in the final mix, plus the bass sounds awesome and keys are back in shape, only bad side is drum sound, I don't really like it; SW well, it was the debut album, and it's ok as that, but doesn't stand to comparison to the others soundwise.

Of course it depends on what you want from a mix so once again is personal, but with people always going "keys need mroe presence", "guitar tone is too thin/too distorted", "sounds too heavy", etc. I thought HCD would please everybody as it's consistent, guitars strike like razorblades but still really clear in the mix and keys are all over the place.

I never said you can't like AYDY or BD or not like HCD, I do like all albums more or less equally (top beeing HCD). But I don't see what HCD songs have to envy from the songs on the other albums, I think they're all really strong, there's no "weak" song like e.g. DWEDFN.

About mastering, HCD's the clearest sounding, the one with more consistent drum sound and the one with better chosen keys presence overall, plus the best guitar tone as far as I'm concerned: crystal clear but quite powerful at the same time. Second comes AYDY, third HB, fourth FTR, fifth BD and last SW. AYDY lacks a bit of guitars and some synths but is really decent overall; HB is awesome but the tones themselves could have been a bit better; FTR is quite good overall, but the low ends aren't too well defined and I seriously don't know what they were thinking with ETID mix; BD is really really powerful and they did do a great effort getting those maybe too distorted guitars for Bodom to sound clean as fuck in the final mix, plus the bass sounds awesome and keys are back in shape, only bad side is drum sound, I don't really like it; SW well, it was the debut album, and it's ok as that, but doesn't stand to comparison to the others soundwise.

Of course it depends on what you want from a mix so once again is personal, but with people always going "keys need mroe presence", "guitar tone is too thin/too distorted", "sounds too heavy", etc. I thought HCD would please everybody as it's consistent, guitars strike like razorblades but still really clear in the mix and keys are all over the place.

So you're talking about the sound quality? Why is it always so unclear are we debating which is better album or which has better sound quality.

And to me all these discussions seem useless.
We want this, we want that, imagine FTR sounding like twat.

J00naz, you should ask Janne to re-record every single album, since you two get along so perfectly

^yep.
and it's even more hilarious that they talk about how they want the old albums to be changed and how the new ones should sound like. Serioulsy I don't give a fuck about their music anymore but aren't you ''fans'' ? I thought you guys like the band.

The last discussion wasn't really about what we want or and old vs. new Bodom fight - rather about HCDR. I'm satisfied with all albums - except HCDR but only because of the songs.

Maybe we should bump the thread with the poll about what do people want COB to do next. Since K-Man is lurking around hunting my head this is a unique opportunity for fans to voice their opinion. (The one with the results indicating people pretty much want the Follow the Reaper & Hatebreeder days back etc)

Maybe we should bump the thread with the poll about what do people want COB to do next. Since K-Man is lurking around hunting my head this is a unique opportunity for fans to voice their opinion. (The one with the results indicating people pretty much want the Follow the Reaper & Hatebreeder days back etc)

:Smug: Dude... I'm not hunting your head. Jebus.

Janne and I normally pop in for a good laugh. It was just that particular comment was way off base.

And do you really think they will care about small group of people who post here, when there are thousands of trve teenage metalheads waiting for BD #2?