Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I'm left dazzled by the shortage of information these times. They're preparing the new songs and no interviews / any kind of preview yet.. I've actually turned my attention to a couple of other bands plus my understanding of music has increased as I've strayed from the superficial music to deeper music. So I hope they bring out something that won't leave me cold. These times I mostly listen to COB just when I want to play something with guitar for example.. Just looking for other things now and I figure it's easy when you don't have to hold your breath.

Broadening your horizon is never bad. ;)

As for the lack of interviews: the tour hasn't been over for too long, so I guess they are happy not to have to answer any questions at the moment.
And maybe they want to keep it more of a secret this time, so that the suspense and surprise effects work better.

Broadening your horizon is never bad. ;)

As for the lack of interviews: the tour hasn't been over for too long, so I guess they are happy not to have to answer any questions at the moment.
And maybe they want to keep it more of a secret this time, so that the suspense and surprise effects work better.

No it's not bad, it's just I can't see myself going as crazy as before in the crowd. But it depends on how much I've drank and psyched myself.

..And of course most of times the interviews are "how has the tour been?" and "can you tell us who you are and what you do and what does your band name mean?"

I think the interviewers:

A) Fail to ask anything interesting
B) Are mostly polite ladies supposed to interview celebrities
C) Have not done their homework and most certainly aren't fans themselves

I think people woul like to hear stuff like: "which songs do you think you enjoy best and the crowd enjoys best and are you thinking of dropping certain songs and adding other songs to the setlist?"

I thought they had vacation for the rest of the year? And start with new material in the new year??

Well, it's Alexi's job to go out in the wilderness of Lapland for a month to compose the songs. I don't know at which period he does this, if only at the beginning of the year, it means the other members have a lot of free time indeed. (Something I think they should use for living healthy and doing sports instead of drinking all the more, but it's totally none of my business.)

Well, it's Alexi's job to go out in the wilderness of Lapland for a month to compose the songs. I don't know at which period he does this, if only at the beginning of the year, it means the other members have a lot of free time indeed. (Something I think they should use for living healthy and doing sports instead of drinking all the more, but it's totally none of my business.)

Hmm okay...
I think I got it from twitter or something.. Don't go there often though...

:worship: @ your last sentence :p

Yeah. But do note that Alexi doesn't do the album 100% by himself as the other players need to do a lot of work to get the stuff down (however Alexi memorizes it, by midis or memory...), plus Jaska told Alexi had material ready for 2 full songs already in the summer, and now has probably more, so there will be no excuses at least, they don't need to go to studio with a half-ready album.

I'm not expecting anything fundamentally different as they already have found their sound and intend to stay that way. All I hope for is some fast songs like Silent Night, Bodom Night (recently their implication to a fast song has been "fast doublebass tempo") and actually use the keyboard for choirs and stuff to back up some heavy parts and create emotion.

I'm not expecting anything fundamentally different as they already have found their sound and intend to stay that way. All I hope for is some fast songs like Silent Night, Bodom Night (recently their implication to a fast song has been "fast doublebass tempo") and actually use the keyboard for choirs and stuff to back up some heavy parts and create emotion.

What do you mean by 'choirs'?

I like 'Silent Night Bodom Night', so something similar would be nice..
But to be honest, I have no idea what to expect..

I'd like to see more participation in writing by the other members, i know this hope is pretty much a lost cause because it is alexis brain child. I thought that roope doing solos on blooddrunk was a good step into alexi letting go of himself. Dont get me wrong, i love alexi and his work, but in a BAND, all of the members are meant to contribute equally, alexi is in no way the only person guilty of one-man-band-ness, but he's a good example. I'd like to see more neo-classic stuff like on something wild, with the animostity of blooddrunk, and i'd like to hear hatebreeder type vocals. Most of all though, i'd like to hear the death of the horrid guitar tone they used on blooddrunk. Alot of people liked it...and its fine...i guess horrid was a bad word choice, but it just wasn't the BEST thing ever, they could've had a way better tone in my opinion.

Children Of Bodom could be much better without these annoying key-solos... 98% of all solos of Janne sound like shit but it has a lot to do with this terrible sawtooth sound

What do you mean by 'choirs'?

Low or medium or high pitch "singing" in the background that creates dramatism and atmosphere.

I'd like to see more participation in writing by the other members

No. The songs come from Alexi's mind and pray to god it stays that way. No matter how good guitar player Alexi is, the reason he's legendary is his vision in songwriting. It's OK if someone comes up with a cool idea here and there, but that's it, they don't contribute to songs more than that. And of course Janne's craft in creating some keyboard sounds.

I guess i can get what you mean when you say "Not COB", idk if it'd be shit though. Bodom is pretty much alexi...it's likely best that it stays that way...but i'm just curious.lol. Because...stone is a good band....and warmen has some good stuff...so roope and janne can write, and they are pretty much the other two...write worthy members, since drums and bass are the back bone and adjust to fit the guitars....and keys too a guess. Though the roles can be reversed as well, so idk.....ughh fuck my life...COB should stay alexi, but i really'd like to know how it'd sound.

And i agree...to both. I'll admit i made no sense, lol, and yes COB is something special. And if we put it that way...on the 7th album i want an extra helping of special.lol.

I deleted my post. I was saying that makes no sense and that COB has a unique style to it, not just random composions. It's definitely not just about playing stuff, there's a lot of thought behind it. The other band members could only do "something like that." And that would suck beyond words.

When you insert Hatebreeder in and play it you get the feeling this is more than music. It's like Alexi really collaborated with the Reaper himself when inventing that stuff. There's mythology and cunningness behind a striking metal attack. It lures you, engages you, blasts you to pieces and invites you to become a fan.

^Wow, HB worshiping got to a new level here.

Children Of Bodom could be much better without these annoying key-solos... 98% of all solos of Janne sound like shit but it has a lot to do with this terrible sawtooth sound

Really??? I've always loved Janne's keys sounds, particularly the leads.

Because it's more than likely to turn out shit or not COB.

I wouldn't mind Bodom benefiting from some speed (Stone/Roope), key usage (Warmen/Janne) and dual solos and melodies all over the place (Sinergy). COB's already cool, top it up with the best things from his members' other bands and the combo can't turn out bad.

If I understand Arcane right (correct me if I got you wrong), he talked about the key solos on Blooddrunk in special, which were technically and melody-wise perfect, but somehow lacked of variety and distinctiveness in sound and therefore kind of didn´t stand out against the guitars?

I don't particularly have anything against the keyboard solos in music like COB. Sometimes they're pretty good. However doing comical stupid shit with the keyboard is gay. And the guitar-keyboard unison solos are one of the coolest things about the band.