Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I've been watching this thread for a bit now, and if y'all will just be patient with me while I say....

Fuck me swinging, this thread reads like the COB fan equivalent of going through the drive-thru at Burger King and placing your order: I want the Hatebreeder-rehash value meal, Something Wild-supersized with a side of Hate Crew Deathroll - hold the Blooddrunk and AYDY?, motherfucker. Seriously, it's like the stereotypical obnoxious, mullet-sporting, beer-swilling drunk standing in the front row of nearly every rock/metal show for the last 30 years, screaming, "Play 'Freebird'!!!"

Admittedly, there's a fine line to be walked when your art is also your brand, but just how honest and worthwhile can the next stage in Children of Bodom's evolution be if they allow their creative output to be com-modified and/or dictated to them by mostly anonymous posters on the Internet? There's something to be said for loyalty, but you don't owe them anything and they don't owe you. If you can't relate to what they're throwing down, no one makes you click links or pull out your wallet. Don't forget: These guys got into music because it made THEM happy. And at any rate, I'm pretty sure there's a few fairly compelling reasons why THEY get to do this for a living and none of the rest of US do.

*insert pause for you all to reflect on what those reasons might be*

You're all allowed your opinions and I'm not trying to take that from you. It might be slightly smarmy to criticize the band on their own board on their own dime, but whatever, right? Having said that, if the "hardcore faithful" can't get behind whatever the band might be so inclined as to throw down next, then maybe a new generation of fans might. And if not that, then it's five o'clock somewhere and there's always Open Mic Night. Fuck it, right?

(On a side note: Seeing as Henkka appears to be the only band member without a side project, if he needs a sugarmamma in case COB stops working out for him, tell him to call me.)
Agreed.

No Joonas, I think he's pretty right. He's not saying don't discuss, he's saying don't go "Custom order" on the album because that's not the way it works, and some peolpe here instead of saying what they think next album can bring or what they'd like to hear are posting in a "I command the band to do this or that or else they'll suck forevermore and they're dead to me". Discussing the new album and providing crazy ideas (something you tend to be quite prolific at) is fun, but whining and telling the band what to do is boring, and also useless as they couldn't care less about what a bunch of anonymous internet users tell them. Yes, we know who of us are regulars here and actually like the band, but look at it as if you were one of them. How are you going to know who's just trying to piss you of or who's actually giving ideas? Plus, writing under someone else's orders is not fun, and I'd presonally loose all interest on writing and the music itself.

There's a fine line between giving ideas/discusing the album and whining/telling the band what to do, and some people doesn't seem to grasp that difference.

Agreed.

No Joonas, I think he's pretty right. He's not saying don't discuss, he's saying

I stopped reading after the first sentence.

I find it amusing how some people here have already mentally judged about COB'S next album - as if it's been already released. It's discuss about their next album and not discussing the new album.

Joonas: you are the only person here who know how the next album will be so please keep this private!

Dude I dunno if you're referring to me. I never judge things mentally beforehand. And I don't know shit about COB's next album, other than the facts and statements I've posted on this thread at some point.

This thread is more about what you want it to be, than what you think it will be. In other words this thread is fucked up but it's fun.

The way i see it...this thread is here for us to talk about or bitch about (however you think) the new album till our hearts content. so Fuck off.

The less you expect the more you get, so if we intentionally bash the coming album at heart's content and reveal every thing we never liked about COB then it's more than likely to not disappoint. And then explaining what you'd want them to do next gives a nice contrast and comparison basis when it actually comes out.

^ I'm joining your team :lol:
It's just a discussion, it's not as if it was a request made by the band. They won't read it as OF COURSE and HOPEFULLY they won't be influenced by 10 people on the internet...

Yeah, so there's no harm in discussing it. so, yeah....lets continue this. I'd like to hear a little more neo-classical work.

No band, especially one that you're not even in or working for, should ever be.

Especially not any ARTIST ;)

No, it was an exaggerated expression, no chance in hell is COB my life. In fact I'm keeping it distant from my life these times, even if overall no band will top it. I'll get back to it when the new album comes out.

You're obviously quite right on that.

And I see what you mean, my comment was more directed to certain others on this forum that may not be so self-aware.

In a brief update at their website, CHILDREN OF BODOM have announced that they will spend most of the summer of 2010 recording their next studio outing.

Stay tuned for further news on the new album.

As previously reported, Children Of Bodom and FEAR FACTORY have been announced as headliners for the Bloodstock 10th Anniversary, which will take place at Catton Hall, Derbyshire (UK) from August 13th – 15th, 2010.

Acts confirmed for the festival include: AMORPHIS, ANDROMEDA, BEHEMOTH, CANNIBAL CORPSE, CHILDREN OF BODOM, DORO, DREAM EVIL, FEAR FACTORY, GWAR, KORPIKLAANI, LEAVES' EYES, OBITUARY, RAGE, ROSS THE BOSS, SUFFOCATION, DEVIN TOWNSEND.

Further details at www.bloodstock.uk.com.

Also, Children Of Bodom are confirmed for the 2010 edition of the Brutal Assault Festival, taking place August 12th - 14th in Josefov, Czech Republic.

Acts on the bill include: CANNIBAL CORPSE, CHILDREN OF BODOM, CONVERGE, DEMONIC RESURRECTION, DESPISED ICON, DEVOURMENT, DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA, DYING FETUS, GRAVEWORM, HYPNOS, IHSAHN, ILL NIÑO, MNEMIC, MY DYING BRIDE, ORIGIN, ROTTEN SOUND, SIGH, SYBREED, DEVIN TOWNSEND

Click here for event information.

Also the vid is pretty great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPvYL1avQqg&feature=player_embedded#

love alexi shouting perkele after the solo :lol: