Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Dunno, to me it feels pretty fresh and melodic and overall pretty damn good. Sure, the main riff may be a bit too much repeated, but I like it a lot. Btw, have you really figured out the super fast licks on the riffs?? I'd really like a tab if you have figured them out and have time =) Danke schon im vorher!

Don't had the time to tab it yesterday but I'm not working today, it's 7 a.m. and I have nothing better to do than tab this song. So give me a few minutes ;)

Oh, and it's "voraus", not "vorher" and schön instead of schon (or don't you have the ä,ö & ü on your keyboard?) ;)

Listening to it a couple more times, it starts getting okay. But I just don't like how it's thrash with some melodic influences while melodic with thrash influences is something I like a lot more.

I'm almost ready with the tab... ok,... I still need an hour or so but this is by far the most complicated tab I've ever made. This song is full of shitty rythm changes from 4/4 to 3/4 to 5/4 through the whole song! Fuck it!

This is regarding the pre-order....

This American website reads that there is only 300 copies of the RRF vinyl available:
http://childrenofbodom.shop.bravadousa.com/Product.aspx?cp=21047_41787&pc=BGLPC307

This is the English version of the Levykauppa Äx:
http://www.recordshopx.com/artist/children_of_bodom/relentless_reckless_forever/#lp

No mention of it being limited. The Finnish version is the same. And just to clear up that they just didn't mark it because they don't here is the pre-order of Burzum's Fallen which clearly states that there are only 3,000 copies:

http://www.levykauppax.fi/artist/burzum/fallen/#lp-1

So what is the deal? Is the vinyl limited edition? Is it only limited to 300 in America?

dudes! am i the one who think that RRF have the best recording quality and tone ?

Maybe technically, but I like the overall sound on Something Wild and Follow the Reaper a lot more.

I don't think we can make a proper assessment without the highest possible quality which we don't have yet. Right now I would say the production sounds a little like a HCDR and FtR with the keys of somewhere between HB and FtR and the actual style of the songs/riffs also between HCDR and FtR. That is after three songs (two really I am not counting WIWI because it really is a song of its own and nothing like the other two we have available atm).

from cobhc.com

RRF Release Dates + Japan Tour 23 Feb 2011
The exact worldwide release dates for Relentless Reckless Forever are as follows:

March 2nd - Japan
March 4th - Germany/Ireland/Austria/Switzerland/Poland
March 7th - UK/NZ/Hungary/Asia (excl Japan)
March 8th - USA/CAN/Spain
March 9th - Finland
March 11th - Australia

To guarantee that you get the album as close to the release date as possible, pre-order the album from a 100% COB approved webstore.

The official record release party will - of course - be held in Helsinki, Finland at Bar Bäkkäri on the 8th of March. Check out the Facebook event for more details.

Also, the band will embark on a Japan tour accompanied by special guests Amorphis. The dates are as follows:

June 14 - Shibuya Ax, Tokyo (JAP)
June 15 - Quattro, Nagoya (JAP)
June 17 - Namba Hatch, Osaka (JAP)
June 18 - Bay Hall, Yokohama (JAP)
June 19 - Legacy, Taipei (TW)

I don't think we can make a proper assessment without the highest possible quality which we don't have yet. Right now I would say the production sounds a little like a HCDR and FtR with the keys of somewhere between HB and FtR and the actual style of the songs/riffs also between HCDR and FtR. That is after three songs (two really I am not counting WIWI because it really is a song of its own and nothing like the other two we have available atm).
I dont agree with you on that key is something between hatebreeder and FTR
if so, the album would sound exactly like FTR and have that tone greatly missed by COB old stuffs fans and actualy it"s not. I would say keys is of something between HCDR & AYDY

I actually like CoTN,but it seems like in every new song there's just a great chorus/solo,or at least in what we've heard so far) and there rest is kind of mediocre.
Love the sweeps at 2:02 they are one of the best thing they have composed since HCDR,as iPot said.

I dont agree with you on that key is something between hatebreeder and FTR
if so, the album would sound exactly like FTR and have that tone greatly missed by COB old stuffs fans and actualy it"s not. I would say keys is of something between HCDR & AYDY

Are you saying, that other than the keys, RRF sounds exactly like the old albums? :lol:

March 2nd - Japan
March 9th - Finland
March 11th - Australia
Where's the rest of Europe? I know it's a mistake and mine will be shipped on the 4th (so they say) but it looks kinda silly.

Don't had the time to tab it yesterday but I'm not working today, it's 7 a.m. and I have nothing better to do than tab this song. So give me a few minutes ;)

Oh, and it's "voraus", not "vorher" and schön instead of schon (or don't you have the ä,ö & ü on your keyboard?) ;)

Ok thanks, yep it looks pretty tricky ;)

And sorry about that, didn't give it too much thought, and about the ¨ we do have it but as an accent, we don't have the keys themselves, I just forgot because I was drunk then.

All COB albums have one or more good songs, but SW is the only album I can listen from start to finish without skipping any songs.

You can't go through HB or FTR or HCD without skipping songs???

from cobhc.com

RRF Release Dates + Japan Tour 23 Feb 2011
The exact worldwide release dates for Relentless Reckless Forever are as follows:

March 2nd - Japan
March 9th - Finland
March 11th - Australia

So since I'm in Austria now I'll be getting the album in the mailbox on the 4th?? That'd be great!

I don't feel exactly the FTR atmosphere on any other album. Only things that made me see the trees and lakes after FTR are some melodies on Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood, the harmony on Bodom Beach Terror, and so far out of RRF the keyboard on Not My Funeral, also SKO seems to have some of that certain something. The cover art colors on RRF match well with the music again. And not all keyboards "sound" blue. For example in my mind the keyboard on Blooddrunk sounds pink and the one on Lobodomy during the drums sounds black and the melody on ODYWC green. I think there are even determined colors on the theory of music but not sure if it has anything to do with this.