Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

We need to have someone set up a blind sound test.

have a friend listen to 1 song from each album and then have them write down what color that songs reminds them of, and then also write down what feelings were invoked after listening to it.

We need to have someone set up a blind sound test.

have a friend listen to 1 song from each album and then have them write down what color that songs reminds them of, and then also write down what feelings were invoked after listening to it.

good idea :D now let's set a list of typical song of each album
i suggest : SW : deadnight warrior
Hatebreader : silent night,bodom night
FTR : children of decadence
HCDR : bodom beach terror
AYDY : TL&S
Blooddrunk : DWEDFN
RRF : lets say for the moment Ugly

PS: the songs i listed aren't my favorits

Agreed, hated the BD mix and guitar tone. RRF guitar tone sounds killer from what we've heard.

Wow. Slept all the way through the atmosphere discussion and when I log in in the morning everyone is back to talking about guitar tone and "sound". :lol:

LOL! its 4:38 AM and i m still awake :(
it was me who opened up this discution when i asked if the RRF's tone is the best ever and we moved to atmosphere and coulours and now we re back to tone again lol :D

dudes! i ve juste noticed that if we add some ring bell effects on the COTN intro, it gonna sounds rxactly like children of decadence oO! listen to the beat right there

dudes! am i the one who think that RRF have the best recording quality and tone ?

No, I've been praising the tone ever since the first sample of the album was released. It's honestly their best production yet.

but SW is the only album I can listen from start to finish without skipping any songs.

Wtf.... I love COB to death but half the songs on Something Wild are actually quite horrible. First off, the guitar tone and production of SW is very, very bad. Second, most songs have a lot of cool parts but are overall not good and even bad because of amateur song writing. It's awkward to listen to, because there's these tempo changes that don't make sense, and riffs going into other riffs that don't really blend.

I don't feel exactly the FTR atmosphere on any other album.

That's because you're looking for it. You can't feel Hatebreeder atmopshere in the other albums, either. All of the albums are pretty unique. They've all got their own atmosphere, and you've got to let the FTR atmosphere go if you're going to give anything else an honest chance.

I think Blooddrunk recording has the best sound

.....what? The guitars were muddy and sometimes really unclear. That and it sounded too harsh. Blooddrunk was an experiment with changing gear and it failed.

Atmosphere in music is about the music making you envision a scenery or a situation.

My take on atmosphere. I feel that atmosphere in music doesn't necessarily have to provide you with a vision. Atmosphere to me is just a feeling and a sensation of overwhelming sounds. For example, a song without atmosphere for me goes in one ear and out the other. It's linear and boring. On the other hand, if a song has atmosphere than I feel like the sounds of the music is surrounding me. When the chorus of Children of Decadence hits, I'm not envisioning any kind of forest or anything. I just get this immense sensation of happiness for my ears and I just feel immersed in the song.

Yeah, I have usually always linked the cover art and colors to the music but I lost that on Blooddrunk since I felt it didn't really have any atmosphere at all.

Following with what I just wrote, I get a sense of immersion on the Blooddrunk and Banned from Heaven tracks. I'm not envisioning anyone cutting themselves, but I can let the song drift my thoughts away with the atmosphere and get caught up in it. Especially with Banned from Heaven.. I forget that the song is playing and I just let my mind drift with it during the chorus. I can't say the same for the rest of the album, it's too generic and that's why I usually just skip it if it comes up on my ipod.

About atmosphere... I can't really say for myself if I connect it with a vision, a scenery or something else. I just use it as a word to describe something without to explain it because everybody know what is mean. For me the most atmospheric song of all time is definitely ETID followed by the intro of BFH (which I would call epic than atmospheric though).
Btw. Children of Bodom is the only band where I can call a song atmospheric. I did a quick look through my playlist (which is around 75gig) and can't find any other band where I can use this word except a little exception: My DOOM I intro midi-file.

Best music in video game history: Doom series. Really nothing will ever beat it. Doesn't matter for a second if they are all copies of popular metal songs the music is just fitting and downright headbangingly awesome.

Btw. Cry Of The Nihilist has some keys under the chorus but they are very quiet in the radio rip. I guess you can hear them better on CD.

Which is also why I think the keys join in on the melody played before the solo. It is just way too quiet to hear and the radio rip eats it to hell and back.

Edit: If anyone is interested:

DOOM I SOUNDTRACK + ALL SOUNDS FROM DOOM II

Best song is definitely the DOOM95 midi!

E2M1 has always been my favorite track. The entire second episode has really moody music which works great with the Phobos setting.

Btw. Children of Bodom is the only band where I can call a song atmospheric. I did a quick look through my playlist (which is around 75gig) and can't find any other band where I can use this word except a little exception: My DOOM I intro midi-file.

Like, dude. You need more atmospheric music on your playlist :loco:

I consider most DSBM or Noise I listen to atmospheric. There's a few bands from other genres but not universally. Something like Ugly's verse is atmospheric. Not every Bodom song is, though, and it doesn't seem like they're actively aiming for it.

It was way too pushed, like it has no room to breathe. Also, I don't know what they were thinking when they did the drums, they sound terrible

+1. BD is among the worst sounding Bodom albums. None of them qualify as good by any audiophile standard, but BD really is far off. HCDR is probably the closest, though I still have to give AYDY? a go on my stereo setup (what with me not liking that album and all).

I'm not considering RRF yet for obvious reasons, though I admit I don't have high expectations in this regard.

Blooddrunk is definitely the worst sounding Bodom album. Horrible guitar tone and hollow drums. The sound is overall "gray" and has no character.

RRF sounds pretty good, especially guitar have a tense, personal bite to them. Very brown'ish yellow sound, like the artwork. I just don't expect the songs to be good enough to challenge their 2 best albums FTR & HB... Just need to hear this whole thing first to know. I've high expectations for the first three tracks at least.

Best music in video game history: Doom series.

That's quite a statement. Cos I know a lot of awesome video game music. Any examples?

fuk yee been creeping this thread for awhile and havent posted but omg those samples blew my mind seems like this alblums gunna be fastas shit and in your face i cant wait stop dissing bodom if ur not excited then gtfo that is all :)