Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

OMGZ ALEXIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!

omg isn't he amazing i mean everything he touches turns too gold lol ive already been labeled but yea that's far from what i think....[/QUOTE]

I wasn't labeling you. I think you are here to have a good time which is absolutely fine as long as you don't take everything we say to heart. We are not always tight asses!

In 2005-2006 right after AYDY was released there was a huge surge of OMGZZZZZZZZ ALEXIIIIII fans who stormed the forum and it was fucking hilarious watching everyone lick his asshole. Even that one from... Texas was it? Who wanted no more than to move to Finland to live with him. :lol:

She wanted a photo of his house because she was so sure he lived in a huge house only to be disappointed when we informed her that the area he lived in was nothing but apartments and Alexi's is probably 30 square meters. :lol: :lol:

I think what was important with the older albums and that mysterious atmosphere they did was Alexi was found more often than not playing straight lead guitar melodies while Alexander was doing rhythm underneath.

Yeah that's pretty much the thing, I'd rather have one rhythm guitar and one distinct lead guitar. These days they do a lot of complex double rhythm'ish parts and sometimes do leads and then have a separate solo section. If they did another SNBN the fans would go bonkers, and I can't see what's stopping them. Oh well.

Yeah, don't really know if Alexi just happened to start writing different rhythm guitar stuff around when Roope came in. In the older albums Ale was more just doing the necessary backing rhythm for the melodies which were in a more important role maybe. Ale had nothing to do with the change because he was around when HCDR was recorded... But I think most fans wouldn't mind if Roope was left playing simple chords while Alexi started doing more lead stuff like SNBN again.

I wouldn't mind if they made a deal that if Roope played more power chord based rhythm he could write and perform half the solos on the album. That way his skills wouldn't be compromised.

Of course we don't know how many solos he has on the new album (at least one). Hell, I don't even know how many solos he has at all on any of the albums but we would be getting more diversity in the music, possibly more lead melodies and solos if both Roope and Alexi take up a solo each in a single song.

From play Soitellen Sotaan has keyboards adding atmosphere at the beginning and after the first verse while possibly just following the tempo during the chorus if that is keys that I do hear. It doesn't add anything melodic to the song. The entire song is melodically driven by the vocals.

Compare it to Ugly. Now the there are a few orchestra hits at the beginning but while Alexi and Roope riff themselves silly there is nothing for keys. When the verse comes while the thrashy riff is played Janne drives the melody. During the chorus it sounds (though I am not certain I'll need a CD rip) like the keys are playing chords and not actually a full melody in the sense of what is happening during the verse. Like a atmospheric melody.

From recent discussion in this thread it could be argued that Bodom is melodic thrash metal.

joonas is ur mother a cob enthusiast?

Was your mother drinking heavily when pregnant?

But on the subject, I don't understand why everyone whines about Roope getting so little room to show his skills. Everyone already knows he's good, plus it's Alexi's band and has always been, and Roope's solos aren't even good. Mostly they're just fretboard wanking and just plain boring. Alexi's solos are melodic, interesting and utilize cool techinques that sound good, and that's why they appeal to others than guitarists too. It's no wonder you see Alexi on cover of Guitar magazines and many people regard him as a great guitar player.

No doubt about it Alexi is a fucking great guitar player. One of teh best. I wonder how bored Roope would be if he was just limited to playing power chords? Probably just suck that shit up and do it. Where else would he go...? Just sayin'.

I wonder how bored Roope would be if he was just limited to playing power chords? Probably just suck that shit up and do it. Where else would he go...? Just sayin'.

My point was mostly, that of course there can be a lot of technical riffs (they are interesting to play), but I thought, that most people whine about Roope not having enough solos. It would be quite retarded to ruin a song by filling it with useless solos just so Roope can show his skills.

It would be quite retarded to ruin a song by filling it with useless solos just so Roope can show his skills.

Great point. Roope's solo in WIWI doesn't hold shit against even Janne's let alone Alexi's. It would be just a waste of time. How much leeway does Alexi give him I wonder? It last just a few seconds though to add another four beats could extend the song too far. I don't know if I could stand another few seconds of wankery that goes no where.

Was your mother drinking heavily when pregnant?

TO ANSWER UR QUESTION YES MAYBE SHE JUST TOLD ME SHE DID ALOT OF HEROIN SHE TOLD ME I WASNT GOOD ENUF FOR THE COB FANS THAT ARE SUPER HARDCORE THEY ARE SOO COOL I KIK OUSSYFOOT MISS SUICIDE BUM BUM MY KIDS ARE FUKED CAUSE OF U IF U CAN MAKE SENSE OF THAT THEN U CAN PUSSY MY FACE BEETCH I HOPE I WIN POST OF THE YEAR OMG ALEXZI MMMMMMMMMMMM HE MAKES ME GIZZ IN MY PANTS I USSUALY LISTEN TO MY CHEMICHAL ROMANCE BUT U GUYS ARE SOO COOL CAUSE U CHILL ON BODOM FORUMS MMMMM I WANNA SEX U BUT SEX IS WHAT HUH OK :Spam::Spam::Spam:

TO ANSWER UR QUESTION YES MAYBE SHE JUST TOLD ME SHE DID ALOT OF HEROIN SHE TOLD ME I WASNT GOOD ENUF FOR THE COB FANS THAT ARE SUPER HARDCORE THEY ARE SOO COOL I KIK OUSSYFOOT MISS SUICIDE BUM BUM MY KIDS ARE FUKED CAUSE OF U IF U CAN MAKE SENSE OF THAT THEN U CAN PUSSY MY FACE BEETCH I HOPE I WIN POST OF THE YEAR OMG ALEXZI MMMMMMMMMMMM HE MAKES ME GIZZ IN MY PANTS I USSUALY LISTEN TO MY CHEMICHAL ROMANCE BUT U GUYS ARE SOO COOL CAUSE U CHILL ON BODOM FORUMS MMMMM I WANNA SEX U BUT SEX IS WHAT HUH OK :Spam::Spam::Spam:

I won't even bother trying to read this.

Anyone still wonder why "true metallers" disregard Bodom? It's because fans like Bodombaby are the ones who wear their shirts. :)

naw its cool ill sport the shirts ill support the music if u dont like it then y are u still on this forum critiquing everything they do???

I've never met a bodom fan that acted in the ways some people have acted on this forum; but then again I live in a smaller place, so I'm sure they sadly exist elsewhere . Roope is a good guitarist but I think every guitarist has his/her strengths in the band he/she is playing in, with cob, I find alexi is the best person to be doing the lead and solos. No disputing that Roope is an amazingly talented guitar player just as alexi is, its just for cob I feel its alexi's guitar sound.