Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

If the case is that he doesn't like the music, but he likes the CD just because it's Bodom (I don't see how that would be possible anyway) that is maybe being a blind lamb.
This is exactly what I tried to tell, but I apparently failed epicly (btw, is this even a fucking word? :lol:).

http://www.7digital.com/artists/children-of-bodom/relentless-reckless-forever/
30sec~ samples of all songs, but with A LOT better quality than the ones we've heard previously. These on 7digital is 320kbps MP3's. Also, not sure if the samples are from the exact same parts as the Amazon samples. But the good news is that the quality is better.

EDIT: Confirming that the samples are taken from the same parts of the songs. Damn these are good quality samples though.

This is exactly what I tried to tell, but I apparently failed epicly (btw, is this even a fucking word? :lol:).
No that is not a word ^^

They probably have both Alexi and Roope's tone on the ablum. One is more hollow and less trebley and the other is really sharp. Alexi is probably using the Lee Jackson and I think maybe Roope is using that blackstar amp?

I just listened to the higher quality samples, and when it comes to atmosphere this album actually is 'Satanic'. RRF has that kind of atmosphere in it.

Now we have some good quality samples of the album! ... and wow. The tone is probably the best Bodom tone we've seen so far. Pretty darn clear and bright. The only thing I have is the palm mute could use a little more meat.

WOW! Thats really cool! where did you find those? those are are definitely legit recordings!

yah, ive heard the word satanic a couple times now to describe the vibe on rrf, but honeslty i dont know why. it has a mysterious quality to it yes but satanic i dont think so.

man how you guys find all this shit is beyond me, is there like a cob new info patrol that just searches every webpage?

I think yes the guitar tone sounds great but I think the real standout is the drums and bass. I haven't heard drums this powerful or in your face on a CoB record thus far that I can remember as they usually take a backseat whereas in this they're a lot more upfront and doing some different crazy things. The bass also is really big and booming but not as huge a difference as the drums, overall the cool new influences molded with the cob style, plus the new overall sound from the recording is really pumping me up; i expected the more mainstream producer to really dumb it down but this seems like its really pushing it to a new level!

I just listened to the higher quality samples, and when it comes to atmosphere this album actually is 'Satanic'. RRF has that kind of atmosphere in it.

We must have different ideas on what "satanic" music is. Darkthrone's first four albums or Bathory's first three... don't hear any of that atmosphere here. :D

Yes, this is where it's at:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSAaDNjHWHw&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1KoEer-l4&feature=related[/ame]

http://www.7digital.com/artists/children-of-bodom/relentless-reckless-forever/
30sec~ samples of all songs, but with A LOT better quality than the ones we've heard previously. These on 7digital is 320kbps MP3's. Also, not sure if the samples are from the exact same parts as the Amazon samples. But the good news is that the quality is better.

EDIT: Confirming that the samples are taken from the same parts of the songs. Damn these are good quality samples though.

No that is not a word ^^

That is quite some ballsack-ripping tone there!

-edit: Alexi's scream in Shovel Knockout sounds very different from the usual =P

man how you guys find all this shit is beyond me, is there like a cob new info patrol that just searches every webpage?

Better than with 99% of the other (metal) band forums where you can wait for weeks before someone posts a new song or something.

The tone sounds a thousand times better on the new samples. Holy shit. The lower quality samples make the tone sound only a tad better than Blooddrunk. Now I can't wait to hear the final copy. Could be the best production yet... at least the samples are pointing towards that.

It was a sample of different riffs from different albums that gave a pretty good comparison of all the different tones Alexi has used over the course of time. There were no other instruments except Alexi's.

I think yes the guitar tone sounds great but I think the real standout is the drums and bass. I haven't heard drums this powerful or in your face on a CoB record thus far that I can remember as they usually take a backseat whereas in this they're a lot more upfront and doing some different crazy things. The bass also is really big and booming but not as huge a difference as the drums, overall the cool new influences molded with the cob style, plus the new overall sound from the recording is really pumping me up; i expected the more mainstream producer to really dumb it down but this seems like its really pushing it to a new level!
I knew about that site earlier that they put up sick quality samples of new albums so I just checked the site regularly and yesterday they had put up RRF :D

I personally think the production seems awesome, all instruments are very loud, but all of them is audible at the same time which makes it great. Most standout is Drums I think as well :) Vocals is an big improvement since Blooddrunk also (imo).