Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

let the music sink in

Yeah, well... I myself listened to the song a good number of times before commenting. This song is different, though... I was appreciating it and humming along after one or two listens. Ugly took me forever to appreciate. I think this song completes the COB formula and takes it a step further. The pre-solo harmony and solo section for me easily trumps most of hatebreeder and a good bit of FTR. Not sure what everyone's feelings are on the style of the music in general, though ... the riffs and chorus are modern COB, but I fucking love it. Even in the first listen, I was getting those goosebumps I get when I hear the epic pieces of COB songs like children of decadance and towards dead end choruses.

I'm awaiting to hear COB's biggest critic's opinion. Joonas, write the essay mang.

Those natural harmonics at 1:10..... it makes it so creepy! Best musical idea ever.

Yeah, I like it a lot.

Gotta agree with what someone else said earlier, the keyboard solo IS lacking. The guitar solo easily makes up for it though.

Not sure if anyone has thought of this yet but if they have and im repeating things i am sorry.
How do you think alexi is going to tackle WIWI live? i know that if he used those stupid vocal effects when i paid to see them i would
be pretty pissed.

WIWI is ok. Ugly would be quite a hard song for Alexi to play live.

I'm awaiting to hear COB's biggest critic's opinion. Joonas, write the essay mang.

Well man... I'm more like a speculator guy, and once the music is there I don't feel that need to speculate over something that's there for all to hear. Not right away anyway.

I need to listen to it more and a better version, it's still growing on me...

My favourite part of the song is the guitar "melody" backing the keyboard solo at 2:58 - 3:14, sounds cool, like a little thing they forgot to compose for their best albums of old. Wish it was more frequent and louder in the song...

And I just figured that's from Passage to the Reaper (0:33 -)

The guitar (and keyboard) solos of the three recent songs we've heard so far make me think that's some pretty technical playing and especially I can hear Alexi having learnt some new tricks... but for me they're not as catchy as so many other COB solos.

The beginning riff of the song with the backing synth voice (same as WIWI intro I think) sounds moody and an interesting straight-to-action way of starting the album.

I'm sure the album so far has exceeded the expectations of majority, but maybe fulfilled approximately 75% of my high expectations. Things are balancing out. I'm really pumped up for Shovel and Roundtrip tho, can't wait to hear those.

I need more listens for this song to give final ""judgement"" and a decent quality rip.

I'm starting to figure the hook in the chorus melody... 3:56 - 4:04 sounds pretty damn nice! Is that a chirp or the dissonance notes from AYDY? Didn't understand the catch in the chorus first but now it's virtually kicking like a pony straight in the nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit.. This year is going to rock, metal albums wise. Children Of Bodom, Black Dahlia Murder, Obscura & Son of aurelius. And RRF sound extremely promising :)

Well, damn, that was actually another decent song. Not sure if I like it better than Ugly yet (well, the solos yeah but the rest not sure yet).

So that's 50/50, 2 good songs and two shitty ones.

Black Dahlia Murder

:lol::lol::lol:

NMF, the Refrain and the hole Track sound so FUCKING AMAZING...can't Stop to listen to the track.
IMO? BODOM is back!

Have both NMF and CotN been released now? Seems to have lost the news totally just by being away for a few days :OMG:

Just aint gonna care anymore, does not have to know everything and analyse it...! ;) Will listen to them all when I get the album. =)

Cheers!

EDIT: About that, is it worth it to order the limited Edition och just go for the ordinary?

I should make a post every day of the tour saying: "Thank God no-one is injured yet. Can't wait until May 13th!!!"

@Kilon: Ga je alleen naar Enschede dan? Ze spelen 30 maart ook in Tilburg he...

I bought my ticket for the March 30 show today.. hopefully there'll still be tickets for the May 13th show when I get my salary in March haha..
Now I have to wait until I get the album... Hopefully it'll be on my doorstep when I get back from work on Friday..

@Fridgepack: NMF, COTN, Ugly and WIWI (and SK in the interview thingie) are already out to listen. On the album editions, I know me and some more people over here have ordered the limited edition with the book and all the stuff, but that's your own choice.

Not My Funeral is fucking... AWESOME!!!!!!
One of the best Bodom songs I've heard for a long time, and this is only after the first listen...sweet.
It'll get even better after a few listens + real quality. Best part about the song is the solos for sure. The tremolo riffing between 4:40-4:44 is sick as well.

Not My Funeral is fucking... AWESOME!!!!!!
One of the best Bodom songs I've heard for a long time, and this is only after the first listen...sweet.
It'll get even better after a few listens + real quality. Best part about the song is the solos for sure. The tremolo riffing between 4:40-4:44 is sick as well.

HELL YEAH !:headbang:

The guitar (and keyboard) solos of the three recent songs we've heard so far make me think that's some pretty technical playing and especially I can hear Alexi having learnt some new tricks... but for me they're not as catchy as so many other COB solos.

Hmm. Yeah, nihilist is a technical solo. The keyboard (+guitar) section of not my funeral is technical as hell, too. Ugly is far from that, it's a straightforward but good solo. But the main solo in NMF is just straight up classic Alexi and it rips. Although I feel like it should end a few seconds sooner. Also, I'm assuming that little solo early on in the song is Roope's.

I'm sure the album so far has exceeded the expectations of majority, but maybe fulfilled approximately 75% of my high expectations. Things are balancing out. I'm really pumped up for Shovel and Roundtrip tho, can't wait to hear those.

I'd say reaching 75% of your expectations is a quite a feat.

the Refrain and the hole Track sound so FUCKING AMAZING...can't Stop to listen to the track.

Hell yeah brother

I'm assuming that little solo early on in the song is Roope's.

It's definitely Roope I think.

I'd say reaching 75% of your expectations is a quite a feat.

But remember I never expected it to top HB or FTR. Fundamentally I think (based on NMF) this album is so well thought-out on the sound-side and pretty technical so it will be impossible to call it straight worse than any other album, it's a taste matter. Let's see how the other songs are. I hope tracks 2 and 3 are also great...

But remember I never expected it to top HB or FTR.

Neither did I. Personally, I just wanted two or three great tracks from the modern COB. So far Not My Funeral is the first, and I too am hoping for Shovel and Roundtrip to be bangers.

Knock on wood.