RELIGION DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this thread should have been made. Religion is just too touchy and personal of a subject to be discussed on a message board.

Ah well, the religion convo started out in other threads and joe thought it was best to keep it here. I mean if it has to be discussed we dont want a huge debate spanning over hundreds of threads best to keep it in one and if you cant control your temper then just dont post in here, and if you have to post dont bitch.

I am hunting for your soul
It dwells within your heart
I lacerate the pounding flesh
Your spirits shall be mine

So rise my spirit rise!
Revel in this dead mans' body
Grip his soul, sip the blood
Life or death
A holy carnage

Ravenous
I will be a god
Carnivorous Jesus
I need your flesh

Ritual slaughter
Fill up the chalice
With the essence of your life
Liquid strengths
Trapped in your veins
I crave your blood
You must die!

Ravenous
I will be a god
Carnivorous Jesus
I need your blood

Ravenous
I will be a god
Carnivorous Jesus
I need your flesh
FLESH

You know. Fuck this shit.

I'm fine with someone not believing what I do. I have never in my life disrespected anyone because of their religion or lack-therof. I have discovered through my own philosophies that God exists and that Jesus Christ had something to crow about. I am fully capable of using logic and reasoning, and am disgusted by the lack of respect for anyone who has any kind of religion on this board. None of us ever did anything to you, or insulted you. I live the exact same lifestyle more or less of everyone on this board. I listen to the same bands, have the same kind of sense of humor, wear the same clothes etc. and it shouldnt fucking matter what religious choice I have made for myself. I have NEVER in my entire life disrespected someone because of their religion choice, and I don't see why Atheists get a free pass to do it. Maybe there are SOME shitty, over-zealous Christians, but thats like saying we should get rid of all black people cause they're ALL criminals, amirite?
All human beings have different personalities, cultures, traditions, religions, and philosophies.
If I ever met anyone from this board in person, we would get along great and my faith would never even enter your mind. Unless someone blatantly insults you or hurts you, don't take it out on people who have never shown you any disrespect.

I think your real problem is that maybe someone has finally hit a point with their logic. Maybe religion is making less and less sense to you, whether you want to admit it or not. Maybe youre finally seeing that there is miles of hypocrisy within religion.

The funny thing is with these lockstep religious folk, is that when rational human beings point out flaws and paradoxes within their faith they get all offended. It really makes me laugh, hear no evil speak no evil...right Jesus?

Unfortunately, it matters to me what religion you are, as wrong as that sounds. THis is simply because religious moderates (what most of you religious folk are) pave the way for religious extremists. You allow them to function, religious terrorism becomes alive through you. You also allow imperative laws (like the separation of church and state) to be broken, unchallenged ALL THE TIME. This is fucking unacceptable by anyones standards. I will try my best to convert as many people as I possibly can, however most of the time I don't need to convert anyone, most free thinking humans have already questioned their faith and are reassured about their thoughts when they hear the same thing from me, or anyone like me.

The problem with your black analogy is that in order to do away with "blacks" they all must be exterminated.

To exterminate religion, you just have to lose faith...and I sincerely hope that one day. all of you will lose yours.

I'm kinda with Steve on this one. You can't kick the crutch from under a believer. Let them believe what they want to believe. If anything, this aggressive type of debate only segregates and strengthens religious beliefs within someone. After all, at the end of the day I don't care about all the bullshit religions and their followers. Just believe what is true to you.

You know Altitudes, I used to believe exactly the same as you.

Sam Harris - The End of Faith.

Will completely change your mind however, he brings up some incredibly interesting points. It is a very educational read I might add.

You know Altitudes, I used to believe exactly the same as you.

Sam Harris - The End of Faith.

Will completely change your mind however, he brings up some incredibly interesting points. It is a very educational read I might add.

What do you mean? I don't believe in establishing an atheist dictatorship or anything, hence why I dismiss Christianity/Catholicism. You shouldn't force anyone to believe anything. I stand by all the points you have made so far, but you cannot impose someone with strong beliefs to change by telling them they are wrong. Religion will be on this earth till the end. It is certain.

Unfortunately, it matters to me what religion you are, as wrong as that sounds. THis is simply because religious moderates (what most of you religious folk are) pave the way for religious extremists. You allow them to function, religious terrorism becomes alive through you. You also allow imperative laws (like the separation of church and state) to be broken, unchallenged ALL THE TIME. This is fucking unacceptable by anyones standards. I will try my best to convert as many people as I possibly can, however most of the time I don't need to convert anyone, most free thinking humans have already questioned their faith and are reassured about their thoughts when they hear the same thing from me, or anyone like me.

You know, you're right. Stupid fuckin' German people for giving birth to that Hitler guy!

@Altitudes
Telling them they are wrong and proving to them that they are wrong are two different things. Obviously I can't force someone to be an Atheist, but I can try my best to disprove god and fortunately there is overwhelming evidence in my favour. Imposition in my defense backed with facts, material evidence to suggest I am right. Also, I didn't just come in here and bring religion out of the blue. I figured since it was a religious debate thread I had every right to use my strongest weapons. Steve is right however on one thing, if anyone and I are talking, I won't just bring up religion and try to insta-debate my beliefs. It happens rarely in real life. I usually don't get involved with conversations unless there is a conversation present or if there is a mutual agreement a debate will begin.

Still, read The End of Fatih - Sam Harris.

You know, you're right. Stupid fuckin' German people for giving birth to that Hitler guy!

Your analogy is flawed.

Consider if you will a race of only Hitlers. Then you may say stupid fuckin' Hitler people for giving birth to another Hitler.

That would be far more accurate and appropriate.

Not all Germans were Nazi's, however all Christians are Christians.

Hm... I'll definitely have to check out that book, spirit crusher. Seems like an interesting read.

Isn't the internet great? I can talk shit from the privacy of my home, 4,000 miles away from SteveAwesome, and without getting my ass kicked! :lol:

whats a religion
can guitar be mine ?

In theory, yeah.

my analogy makes perfect sense.

You're saying that all Christians are fucked up people. The Christians I know volunteer at homeless shelters, go overseas to give poor children a chance at a decent education, and help starving third world countries get back on their feet. To say that these people are allowing religious terrorism is asinine; its not their fault that a few assholes committed genocide because they were stubborn and unaccepting.

Your boundaries of Genocide are too narrow.

Consider if you will, Christian missionaries in Africa, preaching to young adults that using a condom during sex is a sin.

I guarantee you the number of death by AIDS due to this is astronomical in comparison to a strategic attack such as 9/11.

This is religious terrorism by all definitions.

There are also Atheists I know who volunteer at homeless shelters and do other superhuman deeds as well, its not just limited to your religion.

my analogy makes perfect sense.

You're saying that all Christians are fucked up people. The Christians I know volunteer at homeless shelters, go overseas to give poor children a chance at a decent education, and help starving third world countries get back on their feet. To say that these people are allowing religious terrorism is asinine; its not their fault that a few assholes committed genocide because they were stubborn and unaccepting.

all christians arent fucker
they just beleive in jesus

but jesus would be cooler if he would sing free bird with this angel band and had like angel wings and had the bong of destiny

all christians arent fucker
they just beleive in jesus

but jesus would be cooler if he would sing free bird with this angel band and had like angel wings and had the bong of destiny

As much as I wanted to reply to this in a formal manner, I could not help but laugh :lol:

Your boundaries of Genocide are too narrow.
Consider if you will, Christian missionaries in Africa, preaching to young adults that using a condom during sex is a sin.

thats only a catholic dogma.

besides, they would have gotten AIDS anyways because condoms would be a foreign concept to them. And I'd think a Christian would preach abstinence anyways.

It seems Christians have good intentions but tend to lose sight of the real picture. I will admit this is a generalization but organized religions are full of hypocrisy. There is a certain level of competition going on, undoubtedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.