Religions?

Eeeeeeek! A religion thread! *cowers!*

I have no religion. Umm... yeah. *goes back to cowering!*

A cross between science and some wider form of spiritualism :err: :lol:

I subscribe to the theory of evolution (the yearly rates are low, so I can afford it ;) ), but I believe in ghosts (which I guess means I accept the existence of spirit), so I have to say I do believe in some 'wider force', not necessarily a sentient being or 'god'. I tend to despise organised religions, I believe they teach weakness rather than personal empowerment.

I'm an Atheist. Free. Pagan. Whatever... :)
Don't need no outer guidance through my own self, you know. ;) For me belief is something that is very much individual and person-related; I'm sure I have another view of things and ideas than other people, so IMO there simply cannot be ONE religion (of whatever kind) for millions of ppl - everybody thinks differently and things have different meanings for each individual. Sure, basic ethical values and unwritten laws are common, but what MAKES a person his/her own is his/her mind and spirit and it just won't get into my head that we shall be added up to a "sum" of followers. :err: :confused:
well, anyway......
I believe in something that I haven't found an expression for yet :lol:

Everyone must believe in something. Human thought processes are generated and based on what we believe; physical, mental, chance, supernatural.

Just live day-by-day.

I have no religion.... I'm not sure what to believe in...
I'm basically afraid of religions because they tell you
how to live, what's good/bad and it's very judging...

Sometimes, well, very often, I believe I have a spirit,
because I feel so seperated from my body...
But I can never be sure of anything...
I don't think I'll ever believe in a God, but I would
love to read all the different bibles for every religion and
then pick out the good things from each of them and
live by those "rules"...
That basically means I live to be a better person,
not a religious one :eek:)

I am a follower of the chocolate biscuit, a disciple of the donut, and an apostle of the all-you-can-eat buffet :)

Or something :D

atheist. i prefer to follow my own path. i do think you can learn from myths and stuff. i enjoy pagan mythologies though i dont believe they aer Truth. I dont believe in the existence of Truth, only truths. so yeah. i'm atheist, though heathenhearted i guess.

A religion thread ? wow...it would be great Vintersorg himself awnser on this thread !!! (i think i will e-mail him to have his awnser on that and maybe post it here !) well for myself i believe
in nothing , nothing at all !

Atheist...
"I see you still looking in mirrors
believing they speak the truth
not knowing the flames of hell and love of heaven
are just reflections of you"
-from "Fireborn Serenity"

religion is opium for people, damn don't know Lenin's quote in English, must be something like that :p

I think belief is a mixture between fear and hope, this combined makes people weak and others get the ability to manipulate those people... religions are fascistic and imperialistic dictatorships, nothing more... they give fabricated anwsers, like hell and heaven. These awnsers aren't only a solution for people who ask for the sense of life, religions make the people bend to their will by giving answers like that.... 'cause if you don't follow you'll go to hell.... rofl

as u can see I hate religions, at least what it was used for. I just want to be happy, thats's my religion ;) mhhh I agree with the satanism as LaVey defines it in parts. Others like to call it a religion, I'd call it a life style/philosophy, because there is no religious influence. LaVey did a good job in writing the black bible - really good as a guide, but his Church of Satan is more than paradox.... what satanist needs a kind of church?? And for what? Pray to satan? Thought we all are our own gods, and our lives are not influenced by godlike stuff (there is no lord... doesn't matter if you call him god or satan), luck or something else... hm... maybe a church for wannabes :D

but religion is a very interesting topic. I think the bilbe or the koran were guides too, but oneday they were used to play king... :rolleyes: