Reorute To Remain... Nu-metal?? yes or no??

IS "REOUTE TO REMAIN" NU-METAL???

• YES... ITS NU-METAL

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • NO... ITS NOT NU-METAL

Votes: 62 84.9%

• Total voters
I would say yes and no at the same time.
It has a lot of the sound from Colony/Clayman in some riffs though the execution and energy is not there in any way.
Its definitely in a nu-metal package due to guitar sound and production, and the vocs are very nu-metal.

Even though R2R has a bit of a nu-metal influenced sound, I'd still say NO, it's not nu-metal. If the vocals were more like TJR or any other earlier album, it wouldn't bring out the other nu-metal sounds as harshly.

Incendiare said:
Even though R2R has a bit of a nu-metal influenced sound, I'd still say NO, it's not nu-metal. If the vocals were more like TJR or any other earlier album, it wouldn't bring out the other nu-metal sounds as harshly.

Definitely, and if the production would be more metal-esque it would have also helped.
RTR with those changes would have probably been a decent but uninspired album.

i think it is, but not in a sense that would make them money. It pisses me off that the guitar isnt mixed sharply into it like previous albums, take a listen to zombie inc and listen to the quality of the recording and playing. Then listen to some shit on R2R, sounds like its recording underwater

reroute to remain.... when i first listened to the cd i didn't like it at all, it really sounded like some nu-metal stuff. After listening some more times, i started to like some of them. The album it's not bad, but there are really some parts, and some beats that look like nu-metal, and that's what i didn't enjoy. They could do better than this. But the album it's not bad, and i say that again.
In Flames rulezz anyway.

NO - RTR is not nu metal. Anyone who claims to hear nu metal influences in RTR shows their musical ignorance. This record was my introduction to In Flames and my reaction was, "wow, now here is an eccentric metal band!" It seems that a lot of the slow-witted people don't get it though . . .

Not nu metal. Anders' clean vocals for the most part were sub-par...whiny sounding...could be compared to nu metal. But everything else about it is too complex to be nu metal. And nu metal doesnt do guitar leads. Sometimes solos(lame fuckers), but never gothenburg-like leads, like in flames does.

Stormrider586 said:
Not nu metal. Anders' clean vocals for the most part were sub-par...whiny sounding...could be compared to nu metal. But everything else about it is too complex to be nu metal. And nu metal doesnt do guitar leads. Sometimes solos(lame fuckers), but never gothenburg-like leads, like in flames does.
My thoughts exactly. Did you read my mind, or something?

Reactions: Arch
I dont think its a nu-metal album. TOO much melody for nu-metal shit. Plus i think METAPHOR scares away the nu-metal kids..............godamn why didnt they make METAPHOR the first track on the cd so when a nu-metal kid heard it they wouldnt buy it?!!!!!?!?!?!??