Rhapsody news

I'm saying that Rhapsody's sound is the same as Dragonforce's, except better. I never meant to say that it's the same members or anything. Rhapsody is the exact same sound as Dragonforce. Although, I've come to enjoy Dragonforce. All except for the singer though. For music like theirs, they need a real 80's singer.

Rhapsody's sound isn't like Dragonforce's. Dragonforce has like 5 minute shred sections, no symphony/barely any keys at all, blast beats, more old-schoolish riffs. Rhapsody has a 6-album-and-counting fantasy storyline, while DF just has standard vaguely-fantasy power metal lyrics. Those are just a few examples, but I don't think they sound alike at all.

I'm probably exaggerating the differences, though, because I really like both bands. The main difference to me is this: Dragonforce is way more straight-ahead metal, while Rhapsody's way more extravagant and cinematic. I wish I would've thought to word it that way, so I didn't have to write a freaking book with my last post.

Still a good point though. Rhapsody's own record label calls them "Epic Hollywood Metal" after all.

Jax said:
Or just said 'no thanks, we were Rhapsody first, YOU rename yourselves'.

I doubt that Rhapsody (band) even HAD the copyrights to the name. Copyrighting a name like that is costly business and a small band (to the mainstream anyway) out of Italy would not have the cash to buy the name. My guess is that the music service however, did have the cash and bought the name, forcing the band to change to Rhapsody Of Fire. This I think is pretty brilliant actually because they could have easily went back to something like 'Thundercross' (their original name), but Rhapsody Of Fire just allows for the fans to still refer to the band as 'Rhapsody'.

And both Rhapsody and Dragonforce are great bands ;).