Ridiculously stupid Protools question

joeritson

queenslander
Jun 23, 2009
Toowoomba , Australia
myspace.com
I think I can use LE hardware with REAPER, however is it at all possible to use an HD system with REAPER without installing the cards? That's a fucking stupid question, I know. But I have no idea how to use PT and the studio's computer looks like a pile of shiatzu

I think I can use LE hardware with REAPER, however is it at all possible to use an HD system with REAPER without installing the cards? That's a fucking stupid question, I know. But I have no idea how to use PT and the studio's computer looks like a pile of shiatzu

You can't connect any converter to PT HD without HD card so agree, really stupid question:lol:

Actually I think that question isn´t stupid. I think it´ll actually work!

If the studio has Pro Tools HD with lets say 192 I/Os you have to bring a notebook and a interface with some ADAT I/Os (ProFire Lightbridge for example) and you can connect the converters to your Laptop and use them with Reaper.

Actually I think that question isn´t stupid. I think it´ll actually work!

If the studio has Pro Tools HD with lets say 192 I/Os you have to bring a notebook and a interface with some ADAT I/Os (ProFire Lightbridge for example) and you can connect the converters to your Laptop and use them with Reaper.

But what you describe is simply use converter on stand alone mod. Nothing to do with HD system.
OP want to know if he can run an HD system with reaper without installing the cards. He didn't ask about using converter like a 96/192 on stand alone mod so no, he can't:worship: