Rob Halford at House of Blues Chicago

Supposedly from an interview he did, the lyrics were quite different originally, and the guy who did the video came up with this Nascar theme and Halford then changed them significantly.

Oh GOD. He never should have listened to that guy. That music video looks like some kid's demo reel!

Trainwreck? More like a Nascar wreck...

The song just makes my distaste for Nascar racing and Halford's solo material bigger. It's like somebody made a Root Beer float with Cherry flavored ice cream. Two really awful flavors combined in one disgusting creation.

And to think I stopped listening to Conception to listen to that... *sigh*

Trainwreck? More like a Nascar wreck...

The song just makes my distaste for Nascar racing and Halford's solo material bigger. It's like somebody made a Root Beer float with Cherry flavored ice cream. Two really awful flavors combined in one disgusting creation.

And to think I stopped listening to Conception to listen to that... *sigh*

As you know, I love most of his solo material. This song (along with some others on the new one) is truly awful and I'm very confused why you actually took the time to listen to it, considering the negative comments on this thread -- not to mention your distaste for Halford (which I'll never understand).

I don't know about that analogy though. Like Jason, that actually sounds pretty tasty. :lol:

$33 is the price before the fees, which isn't too bad considering his clout being with Priest and all. But yeah, $45 with the fees is crazy. I don't know who the opener will be, but I know on some of these it's been Dave Lombardo's side project, which I still find a little odd.

Wow! I agree that fees of $12 for a $33 ticket is high, but this is 2010, isn't it?! I would much rather pay $45 to see the Metal God in a "club" atmoshpere than $200+ to see some "pop" band like U2 from the upper deck of some stadium somewhere! Not trying to start an argument over the prices of concerts these days, but anything under $50 for a good metal show seems pretty fair to me this day and age. Guess we know why so many metal bands don't/can't play in the US these days...

Not trying to start an argument over the prices of concerts these days, but anything under $50 for a good metal show seems pretty fair to me this day and age. Guess we know why so many metal bands don't/can't play in the US these days...

Really? I've been to 56 concerts so far in 2010, and every one of them has been under $50, most substantially so.

56 concerts at $967.45 = $17.28 average price

Only one passed the Halford price: Ween for $46.23 (and all my prices include whatever fees I paid).

Ok, those weren't all metal shows, so let's look at those numbers:

30 metal concerts at $511.44 = $17.71 average price

Almost exactly the same, so I guess there's no real difference between metal and non-metal prices.

Finally, to see how band travel costs factor in, let's check the numbers for metal shows with bands from outside North America:

14 metal concerts from bands outside North America at $268.16 = $19.15

Ok, so a little more there, but still nowhere near $50. Amon Amarth was the most at $35.67, but then there was Hypno5e for free, Behemoth for $10, Karnivool for $10, Suma for $10, and Orphaned Land/Suidakra for $12.50.

Saying that $45 for a Halford show is a good deal is like saying that $50,000 for a Honda Civic is a good deal, because hey, at least it's a lot less than a $200,000 Lamborghini. It's thinking like that that is letting the ticket-sellers win!!! :D

Gotta love the fees. I'm gonna try to get the tickets in person at HOB on Sunday when I'm in the city.

I haven't bought from the HOB box office in a while, but they still add some fees (facility fee + some reduced add-on charge), maybe like $4 to $6? Still a better deal than ordering remotely, but just don't be surprised if it's still near $40. If you end up buying there, I'd be curious to know what the actual total ended up at.

Neil

I haven't bought from the HOB box office in a while, but they still add some fees (facility fee + some reduced add-on charge), maybe like $4 to $6? Still a better deal than ordering remotely, but just don't be surprised if it's still near $40. If you end up buying there, I'd be curious to know what the actual total ended up at.

Neil

Oh I know it will have some fee attached to it, but it won't be anywhere near $12 service.

I still say seeing Halford in a small club-like venue like this is pretty damn good for that price, compared to what Priest would cost + HOB will undoubtedly have superior sound compared to anywhere Priest would end up playing.

As you know, I love most of his solo material. This song (along with some others on the new one) is truly awful and I'm very confused why you actually took the time to listen to it, considering the negative comments on this thread -- not to mention your distaste for Halford (which I'll never understand).

I don't know about that analogy though. Like Jason, that actually sounds pretty tasty. :lol:

I never said I hated Halford ( I don't think I did ), though I did say his voice bores me most of the time.

As for that analogy, I thought of two things I really despise. :lol:

I never said I hated Halford ( I don't think I did ), though I did say his voice bores me most of the time.

As for that analogy, I thought of two things I really despise. :lol:

Never said you hated him either. :lol: But still, I probably will never understand why (and don't feel the need to explain because you have before). :lol:

Ticket prices are getting out of control. My alma mater opened its new arena a couple of months ago, and my friend really wanted to go to the inaugural show, which was a Weezer concert. So I did a little research, and here's the ensuing conversation almost word for word.

ME: You still want to see Weezer at the new arena?

HER: I really do.

ME: Tickets are $45 plus service charge and taxes.

HER: Fuck that shit.

Really? I've been to 56 concerts so far in 2010, and every one of them has been under $50, most substantially so.
Neil

Wow! I'm very impressed at how many concerts you've been to this year, and even more impressed with your math skills! :D Seriously, I am not worthy! :worship:

I've only been to a dozen or so myself, but it is obvious we don't go to the same shows very often as half the bands you mentioned I've never even heard of! Without looking up the exact prices (not sure if I could even if I wanted to), I think I went to exactly one that was less expensive than your average (Epica for about $16 or so) and the most expensive was probably Rush at around $140.

I still feel $45 for Halford is not too bad (although I HATE the high fees!), but you've proved you can pay a lot less for concerts if you chose wisely!

They just added a few more headlining shows on the West Coast one in Denver and one in Dallas. I'm hoping they slip an AZ date in there somewhere. Especially since Rob lived here in Phoenix for so many years.

I'll probably catch him with Ozzy either Dec. 2nd or 3rd. His headlining shows won't be near enough. I thought he was great this summer. Like this shot I managed to snap. He really seemed to be having a good time.

44533_1500896214148_1586465233_31255552_8260704_n.jpg