rock bands that can play as well as metal bands

swizzlenuts said:
hell yes they could play metal, omar is a fucking god at guitar!

I third "at the drive-in" that band was so damn cool, now they split up into two pretty good bands as sparta and mars volta.

Well jesus everyone has sacred opinions and tastes around here, that are always better than everyone elses. Subjectivity seems to be lost on many of the posters at this board. And yes in my subjective opinion, the beach boys could have been a killer metal band.

Music can be alot like religion and politics in that sense

Flaming Death said:
the question is why does someone have to validate their taste? Fuel is just as good answer as anything else that can be given.
Thank you. I didn't think it was wise to resort to name calling etc. when people express their opinion. I'm not crazy about some of the newer types of metal that use the dirty style vocals, but I don't reply to their posts by saying "you suck." Metal is an aggressive art form and one should expect some excitablity from people when they discuss it, but that doesn't mean metal-heads should be completely tact-less. If he would have said, "well I think Fuel sucks" I could have lived with that.
I don't "hang out" in this forum as much as I do in the "oldschool" and "musician discussion" forums so the last thing I want to do is start a flame war. It would make me look bad, but if someone is going to act like a jack-ass I will treat them as such. I apologize to those not involved.

Bryant

Int said:
Hah, shut up.

[Edit: I dislike it when people use their age to validate their taste. "I'm older than you, therefore I don't suck." No.]
I must confess that I am not surprised by the negative feedback from my reply but trust me, I have many net friends biologically young enough to be my children and I consider their opinions to be as valid as anyone my age. The "age" thing was directed at "him" because he was rude and I disapproved of it. I'm not here to belittle people, but I wiull defend myself when I feel it is appropriate.

Bryant

speed said:
Well jesus everyone has sacred opinions and tastes around here, that are always better than everyone elses. Subjectivity seems to be lost on many of the posters at this board. And yes in my subjective opinion, the beach boys could have been a killer metal band.

Now that would be strange. If they could have pulled it off, few bands would have been able to touch those harmony vocals.

"Everybody go moshin' Moshin USA"

Bryant