any bands that are the same as slayer

I'm the furthest thing possible from an elitist, you moron.

I'm just trying to help you out, but you'd rather continue prattling on like some, well, nag, or something. Well, whatever floats your boat sonny.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Sodom is first rate black/thrash, while Slayer have always been second rate, even with Show No Mercy, which is the best and only good album Slayer have ever done, they were only second rate "NWOBHM-esque" stuff.

Sodom is indeed > Slayer.

How about, erm...no?

I'd pick Vader Padster, especially De Profundis and Litany. Not really like their South of Heaven days though (which is also my fave Slayer album - all mid tempo and brooding....nice!)

Hey Paddy, I think I know what you're looking for, something raw and fast. Try Sodom or Sepultura. If you want something that influenced Slayer, try Venom if you haven't already. Sorry if I haven't contributed too much, but my tastes are quite broad, and because I like so many bands, I don't have deep knowlege of every band's albums.

Carcassian said:
I'd pick Vader Padster, especially De Profundis and Litany. Not really like their South of Heaven days though (which is also my fave Slayer album - all mid tempo and brooding....nice!)

"Brooding"? Lol, strange choice of words, I'm gonna listen again and look for this "brooding" quality...

Silent Scream...Live Undead don't "brood" for you? You have to admit that the gradual build up in the title track alone counts at least for one semi-brood...

Some say that Mahavatar sound kind of like Slayer, but at the same time they have a completely unique sound...

Consuming Impulse said:
SLAYER>all
yeah, i'm gonna have to agree with this.

but i am biased because Slayer is my favorite band of all time.

as for bands that sound like slayer, most of them have already been mentioned, but i think Kreator has a "slayer sound." their song "enemy of god" is a good example of a song that sounds "slayerish."

Ok guys. Vader > Slayer > Sodom

Sodom is no way better than Slayer. And the last self titled thing is a proof. They steal their own and Slayers riffs... Then, Araya is way better vocalist... And solos..........

No way.

Vader wants to be slayer and morbid angel, but are still in diapers.

The Greys said:
Vader wants to be slayer and morbid angel, but are still in diapers.

Despite being in existance since before the fall of communism in Poland (which was when YOU were in diapers):lol: