Roll Call for SOLD OUT Eugene OR show

RDreamer

Assassin of Love
Oct 12, 2005
Oregon
I'm going, and was wondering who else on the board was going too, so we could meet up or whatever. The show is sold out, which is interesting as Eugene is a smaller college town, but Opeth's never been there before as far as I know. It should be an awesome show!

As for me: If you want to say hello to me, I will be wearing all black with a button-up shirt with strands of embroidered barbed wire down the front. I will also be wearing a choker with a black cross on it. However, what stands out the most is that I walk with a cane. It's a four-footed metal cane, it's pretty hard to miss.

I will probably get there early, so I will likely be in the front of the line, possibly the middle depending on how dedicated the crowd is to getting a good spot near the stage.

Me and a buddy are going...dont know what i will be wearing as i usually dont decide that until i get dressed in the morning....is that odd...?

On second thought...

It will be forty degrees fahrenheit on Saturday, and so I'll probably be wearing a really big coat, at least in line outside. I will still have the big cane though, so you can find me if you want. Just don't hit me or I may crumble ala Sub-Zero's fatality in Mortal Kombat II.

I didn't know it sold out, very cool. I've never been to Eugene, I'm coming down from the Portland area.

I'm the 6'5'' guy with long brown hair, will be wearing an Acid Bath shirt with a clown on it and jeans. Feel free to say hi.

Ill be there, and for me the show will go a little something like this:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

:Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin:

:ill: :ill: :ill:

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Look for me!

I already told you that we would be there. ;)
There wil be three of us in our group; my 21 year old son :headbang: , my 15 year old daughter :saint: and me :kickass: . It'll be "family night" at the good ol' OPETH show. (Dark Tranquillity shoud be cool too)
See you on Saturday...

my girlfriend and i are coming down from canada for this one. i'll have my hair in a pony tail and i'll probably be wearing my red basketball jersey. cya there

Well, the show was awesome! Dark Tranquility slayed, but Devil Driver didn't impress me much. Opeth, of course, proved once again that they are the greatest band on the planet. Amazing performance. They played the most amazing rendition of Closure I've ever heard. It was mind-expanding. I think it made me smarter.

Brownden and I met up before the show and went to the Opeth merch booth as soon as we got in. There, we met the Legendary Opeth Merchandise Girl. I have heard a lot of stories about her, and I have to tell you, THEY ARE ALL TRUE. Not that this is a bad thing for me. She had a red plastic cup on the table which said "Stupid Questions: $2.00". She started talking to Brownden and hassling him a little bit and I think he ended up paying a few extra bucks into the cup. I, however, did not. I knew exactly what I wanted and how much it would cost, and she said "Awesome! You don't have to pay any extra." With that, I went on my way. She was very pleasant to me but I can imagine if someone was somewhat unprepared that she would be an absolute hellion.

I did notice someone walk up to the booth, which also housed the few Dark Tranquility shirts for sale, and say "I'm looking for Dark Tranquility stuff." The DT merch guy looked at him and said, "Good luck!" This prompted the customer to roll his eyes and walk away. The merch guy was, of course, standing in front of a rack of DT shirts which were clearly seen. I thought it was kind of a dick thing to do, and I'm sure it cost DT some business, but metal fans have to be smarter than the t-shirts.

All in all, outstanding show. I will go see Opeth or DT whenever they come back up here.

The usual:

Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
The Amen Corner
The Baying Of The Hounds
Closure
Under The Weeping Moon
The Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance

Amazing show, DT and Opeth were both great. White Cluster and The Amen Corner were the highlight of the show for me.

Devil Driver themselves weren't as bad as I expected, but I found myself looking at the clock every 3 mins during their set.

I saw you RDreamer, a bit before DT came on, was a ways away though and you were headed away from me, so I didn't get a chance to say hey.

Edit - also worth mentioning, the city had a (midnight?) curfew in place, so Mike said he had to skip some of the talking, that was kind of a disappointment, he still made me laugh a few times though.

oh man, don't get me started on that merch booth dike! i'll admit, the way i worded a question wasn't the smartest, but shit, everything she said, and her attitude was definitely uncalled for.

it was nice meeting you RDreamer. and if you were wondering, i was the heckling front row ran that got michael talking about showing his cock and talking about how his mustache was actually a pube transplant haha. other than the sound licking ass, it was a pretty good show.

The merch girl really didn't seem mean to me when I saw Opeth a few weeks back. Seemed nice enough. Maybe you guys with the horror stories just catch her while she's on her rag or something, lol.

brownden said:
oh man, don't get me started on that merch booth dike! i'll admit, the way i worded a question wasn't the smartest, but shit, everything she said, and her attitude was definitely uncalled for.

it was nice meeting you RDreamer. and if you were wondering, i was the heckling front row ran that got michael talking about showing his cock and talking about how his mustache was actually a pube transplant haha. other than the sound licking ass, it was a pretty good show.

I could go on for days and days about how that merch girl about had my blood boiling. But that would be giving her more satisfaction than she deserves. So, I will be brief:

-If you despise the human race so much, maybe choose a different career path besides customer service, you know ....go wallow in your own misery in some basement as a dark room photographer, just stay the fuck away from people.

-I learned along time ago that having ANY expectations from the general public is just setting yourself up for dissapointment, especially when dealing with metal heads. Get a grip, get over it ...learn to be happy and enjoy your job if youre going to continue with it.

I bowed down though and bought a shirt, she actually thanked me for reading her signs and I almost replied "yeah, I didnt want to get my head blown off for being human and asking questions about something I was unsure about." But instead I just nodded and walked away, knowing that I would rather the profits of that t-shirt should really have gone to some other vendor.

On a side note: the -06 tour shirt is misprinted for the eugene date ... its listed as "3/11 Boise, ID - Big Easy" which is funny, because they apparently played at the Big Easy in Spokane the night before.

I hope everyone there had fun, I did. I thought Devil Driver was badass, that was my 2nd time seeing them. But DT ....wtf am I missing??? ... they had no impact on me what so ever, I thought they blew.

The sound was okay ...about a 7.9 out of 10. That is horrible horrible room (small, square) for a sound system that size so its more the accoustics and not the equipment/sound guy. The only song that really sounded like garbage was Perdition ...since it was the first song. After that I could tell the engineer was doing his best to clean up the mix...which he did. By the time they got to Conjuration he had it dialed in pretty good.