Rome: Total War

During campaigns I now set my unit size to normal because it only takes one turn to create the units (in MTW). I used to set my unit size to huge. I'll initially set my RTW configuration to huge because you can supposedly have up to 400 troops in one unit. But I am unsure about that.

Yes, I have, but I didn't like it all that much. I like armies that melee not just shoot volleys at each other. That is why I can't wait until the new version of the Hellenic: Total War mod comes out. It includes elephants and chariots now.

Did you like NTW?

I can't seem to play HTW right now. I gotta wait until the new version comes out with Chariots and Elephants.
I want to download the Middle Earth mod too.

Just imagine what kinds of mods will be popping up when Rome: Total War comes out. Altough, the problem is that since the engine is completly 3-d, it takes a professional to create the mods. I hope they make a Far East (Romance of the three kingdoms), new Medieval version, a King Arthur (historical version), and a Hellenic mod of RTW.

I bet the expansion pack for RTW (which is inevitable) will encompass the years following Augustus Caesar's death to the fall of Rome in 476 A.D. I would really like that, because the battles will be focused more to the north and east (which the atmosphere of the settings are incredible for the time). You'll get factions like the Angles, the Saxons, hopefully the Iceni, the Huns, the Vandals, the Visigoths, and the Ostrogoths.

Oh yeah, here's another fact you may want to read. Creative Assembly are opting for a future creation of a Napoleanic: Total War game which will include the newly created graphics engine.

Also there is word around the Total War forums, that Creative Assembly are thinking about creating a Fantasy: Total War game. Dragons and stuff would of course have to be in there. Someone over at the forums was almost certain, that's what the next Total War game was gonna be, since he read somewhere that Creative Assembly stated that. Now the truth of whether his/her claims may be indeed true is still unknown.

As for my opinion, I would buy the game, but it'd be hard for Creative Assembly to pull this off in success. It really would be fun to have dragons fly over your castle (assuming that there would be castles) and breath fire on those who are garrisoned. Plus you can have orcs, elfs, dwarfs, warlocks, witches, and druids in the game. The only problem: this game would be totally unorginal unlike the other Total War games.

Damn these CTD's :yell: .
If they crashed to the desktop that would be fine but my version of CTD's are so annoying that it aint funny.
I was in the battle of my life in NTW, my swedish main army against Piedmonte's royal army.
I had 1800 men and they had 2000.
My men fighting like true swedish soldiers and we were winning and then it crashes :yell: .
Fuck.
I really hope they fix this in R:TW.

althought I surely think Rome will conquer the world (of video games), I saw the trailer of Lord of The Rings, Battle for Middle Earth, and it also looks amazing, and also features thousands of polygonal soldiers and units. (they replayed the Minas Tirith battle with dozens of thousands of orcs, and more thousands of Minas Tirith soldiers, and more thosands of Rohan riders). I wonder if BFME features the same level of map strategy as RTW, and if the game will really feature all those giant battles...

You have that problem too? A few people also had the same problem at legiontotalwar.com. Maybe this can be viewable with DIVX player.

I'm wondering why this is because it works quite fine on my Realplayer.
Hrm...:erk:
Well anyways, to sum this all up to you it's the trailer for the Battle of Cannae in 216 B.C. It shows a guy (who is from a Sci-Fi channel series) talking about the strategy used by Hannibal Barca. What really amazed me was the sheer number of units that were on that battle field. There must have been 5,000 Romans Legionaires to 2,000 Carthaginians. The Romans were all bunch into a group being outflanked by the Carthaginians. Eventually the Carthaginians surrounded the densly packed Romans and slaughtered them.

The thing I hated about that trailer is that it showed a bunch of Romans hurling their pila. (Each Roman Legionaire carried 2 different Pilums or throwing spears.) However no Carthaginians died, they just caught their footing and charged onwards. In real life at least a few of those Carthaginians would have died given even the fact that they were heavily armoured. It's a sweet trailer though.

I've seriously been waiting for this game for so long. I can't wait, it's going to rule completely.