Romeo on Guitar World's "Fastest Players"...

Mathew Mills is damn fast but personally i like guys who play with feeling, Doug ott, Marcel coenen, who is as quick as anyone anyway.

What a dumb ass list...Mark Tremonti, come on!
I agree with that guy about Rusty Cooley...unlistenable...Chris Broderick is barely more tolerable.
Fastest guitarists...shouldn't Matthew Mills be on that list...not that you would want to listen to one note, but the guy is as fast as they come.

Not sure where to put this, but it's about Romeo, so I think it deserves its own thread. He only gets a small mention, but he's ranked pretty high on this list. Wooh!

Dude, thanks for sharing it bt i think there's no point to rank the guitar playing speed!!! and this list doesn't seem that much correct...if it was, then Michael Romeo should be ranked more high..still, i just dont know how they measured the player's speed!!!..may be they got some machine or software..:lol:
music is all about expose the emotions..shredding is also a way of exposing emotion(correct me if i am wrong)...how emotions can be measured??? and i am surprised that it is measured in per second!!!..please do correct me if my understanding is wrong..

It's an Ibanez made by Dean.. Ibanez wouldn't give him a signature guitar so he went to Dean and they pretty much made an Ibanez for him and released it as a Signature.

That's what I heard...

Aye I figured as much. But still, I just think the ideas of the thin neck being set lower into the body and the sculpted lower horn are brilliant.

Dude, thanks for sharing it bt i think there's no point to rank the guitar playing speed!!! and this list doesn't seem that much correct...if it was, then Michael Romeo should be ranked more high..still, i just dont know how they measured the player's speed!!!..may be they got some machine or software..:lol:
music is all about expose the emotions..shredding is also a way of exposing emotion(correct me if i am wrong)...how emotions can be measured??? and i am surprised that it is measured in per second!!!..please do correct me if my understanding is wrong..
You'll just have to read the rest of the thread, man.

yes, it makes much more sense once you get a grasp of the ratings and method, it took me two posts or so... lol

That, and... we already discussed this. Yes, feeling (and a million other factors other than speed) are important. But this article was about speed. It's just for fun, and it's not claiming the fastest players are the best musicians. People need to lighten the fuck up and realize music isn't always about depth, emotion, and an ingeniously-composed piece that changes your life. Sometimes (especially in heavy metal... or jazz) playing fast is just fun, so people do it.

What do you mean million other factors are more important!? That's bullshit! Quantity over quality 4ever!

German Schauss. He's the man. And I think he's faster than a lot of the guys that are ranked above him. MAN that guy has perfect chops.

*sweeps up the floor*

*looks at sweepings*

Hey Jeff! *hands jeff something* Here. You dropped some names.

By the way, they forgot Jani Kekarainen from the list.

*waits as that goes over everyone's head...jfgi*

I find this completely ridiculous. Who cares how fast a guitarist can play? These aren't sports statistics... guitar playing is all about feeling, which is subjective.

Speed is in itself "feeling". Would a roller coaster be any fun if it didn't go zany miles per hour at the bottom of that big drop, and then slam you into the side of the car as it hits that big turn?

if they are including guitarists with speeds of 13 nps in there list of the top 50 guitarists speedwise, thats reasurring for me because it means I should be in there too.... cause I can play a between the buried and me song with a 13 nps alternate picked scale... oh wait doesnt that mean paul waggoner from btbam should be in there? this list is a load of crap.

Other guitarists of note are probably that guy from avenged sevenfold, who alternate picks all his arpeggios, the alternate picked arpeggios around 3:00 in scream must be somewhere near on that list.

And how about Ben from dillinger escape plan, hes a monster at alternate picking.

I hate to defend any emo/core band, but the guys from Avenged Sevenfold are pretty talented, both as technical guitarists and as far as constructing pleasant sounding solos. There are a few really awesome solos on their City of Evil album. And yeah, i admit I do have that... vocals are awful but the songs themselves aren't total shit.