Romeo on Guitar World's "Fastest Players"...

I've been there on and off since '03. To put it lightly, I'm really glad that Paul Warren is so well appreciated by JP and others for having to run that place. I still read the forums for updates (they are super quick at posting music-related news and keeping folks up to date on any notable guitar player you can imagine) and to chime in on the occasional constructive discussion, but for the most part it's gone pretty downhill. It seems that every time a good discussion starts, it lasts maybe 2 posts and then someone turns it into a 10 page bitch-fest. Unfortunately, most of the knowledgeable people who actually do give meaningful contributions to the discussions are complete and total assholes and the ones who aren't rarely post anymore (for good reason!)

Then again, if you ever want to bitch for a few days about whether the Glass Prison arpeggios should be swept or alt. picked and then bitch about which one Petrucci does, then you know where to go.

That actually is a great place to find out about new bands and guitarists. It led me to SX, after all. You can stay up-to-date on a million sweet bands. But there are just toooo many retarded assholes there.

I think the major turning point was the advent of YouTube. When that site got big, the JP forum turned to shit.