Royal Carnage 2.0

It looks great, and I noticed that you are currently playing "BAK DE SYV FJELL - Rehearsal" - is there any way that you could please hook me up with this?

Marksveld said:
It looks great, and I noticed that you are currently playing "BAK DE SYV FJELL - Rehearsal" - is there any way that you could please hook me up with this?

Did you get it from Doomcifer, or should I put up a little zip on yousendit?

Nate The Great said:
I like the more streamlined (simpler) look. And as far as IE is concerned . . . why fight it? Nearly everybody uses it. You might as well design everything with IE in mind as the browser it will be used on.

That's what I'm saying... I think it's kinda lame to tell the masses, well you need to get a different browser to view our site.... blah.

Fuck that, I'm sticking with IE as I'm sure are 90% of web users.

Mine ain't broke, I ain't fixin it.

Papa Josh said:
That's what I'm saying... I think it's kinda lame to tell the masses, well you need to get a different browser to view our site.... blah.

So how does the site look in IE then?

EDIT: Just went to check myself -- I don't see one iota of difference between IE and Firefox.

OK so that's that resolved.

JayKeeley said:
So how does the site look in IE then?

EDIT: Just went to check myself -- I don't see one iota of difference between IE and Firefox.

OK so that's that resolved.

Yeah, I don't know as I've never used Firefox...

My IE seems to be alright. Looks good so far.

Good job to Erik, now let's plow through the promos I sent out to ya'll I've already got some more goodies for ya'll.

Crimson Velvet said:
Did you get it from Doomcifer, or should I put up a little zip on yousendit?

Thanks for the offer, but don't waste your time... I'll get it from him at some point. I've played the 7'' about 50 times since I got it, I never thought anyone would have these rehersal mp3s.

Great job there Erik, it looks a lot better than it used to

I'll get you a report on how Opera handles it later on, my computer is on it's way down south right now :p

Papa Josh said:

My thoughts exactly. IE does the job for me and I can't be fucked to change :loco:

Site looks fine on this end, though I was cool with the old layout :D

I've made the reviews page more semantic, I'll probably have a bash at the other ones. It's not pixel-perfect, but everything's in the right place so it'll do for tonight. Also, validation :p

You should striptags() the reviews and paragraph them automatically too, since they're what's breaking most of the pages with regards to validation. I'll knock something up if you like.

Edit:

Code:
function paragraphs($text) {

$text = $text . "\n"; // just to make things a little easier, pad the end

$text = preg_replace('|<br />\s*<br />|', "\n\n", $text);
    $text = preg_replace('!(<(?:table|ul|ol|li|pre|form|blockquote|h[1-6])[^>]*>)!', "\n$1", $text); // Space things out a little

$text = preg_replace('!(</(?:table|ul|ol|li|pre|form|blockquote|h[1-6])>)!', "$1\n", $text); // Space things out a little

$text = preg_replace("/(\r\n|\r)/", "\n", $text); // cross-platform newlines

$text = preg_replace("/\n\n+/", "\n\n", $text); // take care of duplicates

$text = preg_replace('/\n?(.+?)(?:\n\s*\n|\z)/s', "\t<p>$1</p>\n", $text); // make paragraphs, including one at the end

$text = preg_replace('|<p>\s*?</p>|', '', $text); // under certain strange conditions it could create a P of entirely whitespace

$text = preg_replace("|<p>(<li.+?)</p>|", "$1", $text); // problem with nested lists

$text = preg_replace('|<p><blockquote([^>]*)>|i', "<blockquote$1><p>", $text);
    $text = str_replace('</blockquote></p>', '</p></blockquote>', $text);
    $text = preg_replace('!<p>\s*(</?(?:table|tr|td|th|div|ul|ol|li|pre|select|form|blockquote|p|h[1-6])[^>]*>)!', "$1", $text);
    $text = preg_replace('!(</?(?:table|tr|td|th|div|ul|ol|li|pre|select|form|blockquote|p|h[1-6])[^>]*>)\s*</p>!', "$1", $text);
    $text = preg_replace('|(?<!<br />)\s*\n|', "<br />\n", $text);

$text = preg_replace('!(</?(?:table|tr|td|th|div|dl|dd|dt|ul|ol|li|pre|select|form|blockquote|p|h[1-6])[^>]*>)\s*<br />!', "$1", $text);
    $text = preg_replace('!<br />(\s*</?(?:p|li|div|th|pre|td|ul|ol)>)!', '$1', $text);
    $text = preg_replace('/&([^#])(?![a-z]{1,8};)/', '&$1', $text);

return $text;

}

You could also add in a couple of BBTags, since I guess people might want to use italics and things.

hmm .. i don't see those "kicks your dick in" slogans anywhere ... I use teh IE

lurch70 said:
hmm .. i don't see those "kicks your dick in" slogans anywhere ... I use teh IE

They're in the browser title itself -- in the blue bar right at the top of the screen.

All you lovers of Microsoft, just wait until you get pop-ups and spyware infections. :tickled: Who knows, you could have spyware on your machine right now! :loco:

JayKeeley said:
All you lovers of Microsoft, just wait until you get pop-ups and spyware infections. :tickled: Who knows, you could have spyware on your machine right now! :loco:
I've been getting popups with Firefox for several months now. :bah: It's still infinitely better than IE, but sucks at the same time.