ROYAL CARNAGE APRIL MADNESS: Round #6.67: Even the poll master must sleep

Agalloch "Pale Folklore"

I think both records are vastly overrated, and I'm not a fan of any of them, but "Pale Folklore" is a little bit better than "Ride The Lightning". So "Pale Folklore" it is.

Bracket 2:
Metallica "Ride the Lightning"

Granted, everyone votes using different criteria, and obviously, we each have our own musical preferences. But comparing these two CDs, in my mind, is a luichrous. Say what you will about what Metallica has become. "Ride the Lightning" is pure brialliance. There isn't a second of weakness on the entire disc. It defined a genre. It has stood the test of time brilliantly. It has had a significant impact on music.

If anyone thinks people will be talking about "Pale Folklore" in 20+ years, you're smoking crack.

Zod

General Zod said:
There isn't a second of weakness on the entire disc.

Not to my ears. Those drums are weak as piss, and as usual the bass is quiet as a mouse. It's not perfect, but it is fucking brilliant.

Henrik Main said:
Agalloch "Pale Folklore"

I think both records are vastly overrated, and I'm not a fan of any of them, but "Pale Folklore" is a little bit better than "Ride The Lightning". So "Pale Folklore" it is.

so you go with the more gay one? ... what a quif :loco: :D

Décadent said:
Not to my ears. Those drums are weak as piss, and as usual the bass is quiet as a mouse. It's not perfect, but it is fucking brilliant.
Agreed, especially about the bass... F U C K, the bass solo in the Call but nooooooo we are barely allowed to even hear it for gay reasons. Still a fucking KILLER album. My first metal album, too.

Décadent said:
I'll disagree with that first part. I think the drums sound awesome. I don't think any drums, anywhere, have ever sounded cooler than Lars' drums in "For Whom the Bell Tolls".:headbang:

Zod

lurch70 said:
so you go with the more gay one? ... what a quif :loco: :D

:)

IMG_0343.jpg

Metallica "Ride the Lightning"

I feel so dirty for voting metallica over agalloch.....

but I couldn't with a good conscience vote pale folklore over ride the lightning

General Zod said:
Say what you will about what Metallica has become. "Ride the Lightning" is pure brialliance. There isn't a second of weakness on the entire disc. It defined a genre. It has stood the test of time brilliantly. It has had a significant impact on music.

The celebration of your 100th copy-pasting of this statement is at hand. :D

"Pale Folklore", of course