Royal Carnage March Madness - Round 2 (Votes Needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erik said:
People voting for BG over Enslaved? What the fuck? Have you heard Vikingligr Veldi? :lol:

No :oops:
I've heard a greater number of good songs by Dimmu since I've only heard Mardraum, so it's simple. It would be pretty silly to vote based on the assumption that Enslaved is better (which I don't doubt on the other hand)

I consider Opeth and Amon Amarth to be equal in terms of coolness, but I voted Amon Amarth 'cause I'm so extremely tired of people talking about Åkerfeldt as some divine being...

Crimson Velvet said:
I consider Opeth and Amon Amarth to be equal in terms of coolness, but I voted Amon Amarth 'cause I'm so extremely tired of people talking about Åkerfeldt as some divine being...
Pretty much the same here, I love stuff like "Advent" and "The Moor" but eh... Fuck off Opeth already

Both Opeth and Amon Amarth make me fall asleep, but AA less so. Why in the name of all things that are sacred to man have you not heard classics such as "Vikingligr Veldi", "Eld" and "Frost", spaffe?

Erik said:
"Större enn Tid/Tyngre enn Natt" in itself would make Enslaved win over BG in my book :p

Uhm, sorry can't recall what that song is like, perhaps I should give that record an Xth chance.

Blind Guardian has a heap of great songs btw, such as:
The Bard's Song, Welcome To Dying, Lord Of The Rings, Lost In The Twilight Hall, Imaginations From The Other Side, A Past And Future Secret, Mordred`s Song, Bright Eyes etc etc :hotjump:

Marksveld said:
What the fuck ARE you?

A machine. Alternatively, a person who is not afraid to admit that he doesn't like "THE FUCKING FOREFATHERS DUUUUUDE, WORSHIP OR FUCKEN DIE YOU POSEUR GAY WANKER YOUR A HOMOSEXUAL". If I'd liked old skool heavy metal bands, I'd be happy to admit it. Just like I'm happy to admit that I prefer Immortal to Bathory.

dictionary.com said:
poseur

n : a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not [syn: poser]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

As I don't pretend to be a heavy metaller/metalhead/fan of 70s or 80s heavy metal, I'm afraid I'm not a poseur. I just happen to like a bunch of more or less extreme metal bands.

Maiden, I can understand. But fucking Sabbath? Even those bands you listen to would say they don't hold a candle to Sabbath in terms of being metal and heavy.

Henrik Main said:
Never heard a good Sabbath song in my entire life. ;)
Start with these:

Black Sabbath
The Wizard
Wasp
Behind the Wall of Sleep
Bassically/N.I.B.
Wicked World
A Bit of Finger
Sleeping Village
A Warning
War Pigs/Luke's Wall
Paranoid
Planet Caravan
Iron Man
Electric Funeral
Hand of Doom
Rat Salad
Jack the Stripper/Fairies Wear Boots
Sweet Leaf
After Forever
Embryo
Children Of The Grave
Orchid
Lord Of This World
Solitude
Into The Void
Wheel of Confusion / The Straightener
Tomorrow's Dream
Changes
FX
Supernaut
Snowblind
Cornucopia
Laguna Sunrise
St Vitus Dance
Under the Sun
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
A National Acrobat
Fluff
Sabbra Cadabra
Killing Yourself to Live
Who are You
Spiral Architect
Looking for Today
Hole In The Sky
Don't Start (Too Late)
Symptom Of The Universe
Megolomania
Thrill Of It All
Supertzar
Am I Going Insane (Radio)
The Writ

Henrik Main said:
As I don't pretend to be a heavy metaller/metalhead/fan of 70s or 80s heavy metal, I'm afraid I'm not a poseur. I just happen to like a bunch of more or less extreme metal bands.
"OK"

...POSEUR

Bracket 1
Iron Maiden
Ulver
Emperor
Dark Tranquillity

Bracket 2
Burzum
Primordial
Dimmu Borgir
My Dying Bride