Russell Allen = Sir ???

It's definetly worth it to go to if you're a fan of medieval stuff. Food is generally very good; small chicken, ribs, excellent baked potatos and soup, etc. The fighting is fun to watch and each section gets their own knight to cheer for (when I went we had the red knight, who ended up throwing dust in the green knights eye and getting executed :() They have a cool souvenior shop too.

Yeah, Excalibur. Doh. I remember the food being really good, and the knight of our section being very tasty.

Folks from the MT in Baltimore came up to promote the show at The Senator Theatre while there were 800 geeks in line for Trilogy Tuesday. I realize that this isn't meant to be literal historical reenactment, but I've spent too much time helping my mom research medieval and renaissance and Elizabethan clothing not to giggle at their costumes. The knights I saw there weren't so tasty, though... I'm hoping for a greater selection to peruse at the show itself. :)

RussYellow.jpg
I've got more around here somewhere ;)
-manda

Stardust2112 said:
I think that scene in "Cable Guy" was filmed at the location in California. Matthew Broderick has probably one of the funniest lines in a movie ever. The waitress asks him if he wants more soda, but instead he asks for silverware. When she says, "There was no silverware during medieval times," he's like, "Oh, but they had soda?????" I nearly died laughing. :tickled:

The "sir" bit is just a goof, really. I think Arjen Lucassen was probably the first to refer to him as "Sir Russell Allen" on the Universal Migrator CDs.

~Christina
Yeah, that was a great line from "The Cable Guy". In my opinion, the most underrated Jim Carrey movie!

MB: "Can I get some silverware please?"
Waitress: "There was no silverware in Medieval times, hence there is no silverware AT Medieval Time. Would you like more Pepsi?"
MB: "So they had no silverware but they had Pepsi?"
Waitress: "Dude, I've got a lot of tables!"

Jim Carrey was awesome in that movie. I loved when he put the chicken skin over his face and did the Silence of the Lambs thing. Hilarious!