Sacred Dawn/Mindwarp Chamber

The show was pretty good, I really liked the new song that Sacred Dawn played, it was totally different than the songs on their album, it had a lot of weird time changes, guitar harmonies, actual bass playing (you now, kinna like a Bavmorda song *cough*) and it got a great response from the crowd. Mindwarp Chamber did a great set, I saw them the night before at Nitecaps and they sounded better at Legends IMO, then again, Legends is a much better venue. The best part for me was when Al (singer for Bavmorda) went up onstage and did a duet with Scott Huffman of Rainbow’s “Kill the King”.

Cool night.

The show was pretty good. Upon arrival I said hello to Rachel, who was outside chatting on her cell. Jose came up and formally introduced himself to me at one point during the evening. I did not see Jason, Bob, or Vito that night. :p

Sacred Dawn went on earlier than expected so unfortunately I missed them.

Azrael's Bane, from Texas, followed. They were not on my radar prior to the show but they performed well and their tunes didn't suck so I was pretty happy. There was still some daylight left during their set. You can see some rays of light from the setting sun shining on them through an open door next to the stage in some of the pics, like these

azraelsbane_070513_04.jpg

azraelsbane_070513_07.jpg

More here

Mindwarp Chamber were up next. Just before they came on several women and children took up seats at the tables closer to the stage but not right in front of it. Of the three bands I got to see that night they seemed to have the most fan attention. The sun had set by then so it was all stage lighting from then on. As Jose already mentioned a guest vocalist joined them on stage for the Rainbow cover, which rocked my socks!

mindwarpchamber_070513_37.jpg

More here

Last up was Snake Eyes Seven from Canada. I wasn't familiar with these guys either. Their performance was good and they had a TON of instruments with them like the wall of Marshalls, the talk box, the double-neck and acoustic guitars, and that wild-looking drumkit. As far as their material, it wasn't terrible but it really didn't grab me either. Can't really put my finger on it, but anyway, by the end of the night most of the family women and children and some others had left, leaving a gaping void in the stage-front area. I took advantage of that and started going wild with the camera. :cool:

snakeeyesseven_070513_24.jpg

snakeeyesseven_070513_26.jpg

snakeeyesseven_070513_35.jpg

More here

Trouble coming up this Sunday then they're off to Greece and other points across the pond. :headbang:

The show was pretty good, I really liked the new song that Sacred Dawn played, it was totally different than the songs on their album, it had a lot of weird time changes, guitar harmonies, actual bass playing (you now, kinna like a Bavmorda song *cough*) .

Oh so it sounds like Steve Harris????

You know, I really don't want to tell people how to do their jobs but man Snake Eyes Seven neeed to get some gear.....seriously it was fucking Legends not the Allstate arena....I honestly don't think I could sit through their set without laughing just seeing how seriously they took themselves...there's just no reason wasting an hour and making people wait for you to load all your gear in when you have only one fan.

You know, I really don't want to tell people how to do their jobs but man Snake Eyes Seven neeed to get some gear.....seriously it was fucking Legends not the Allstate arena....I honestly don't think I could sit through their set without laughing just seeing how seriously they took themselves...there's just no reason wasting an hour and making people wait for you to load all your gear in when you have only one fan.

I would agree about all the gear if they were only playing Legends but they came all the way from Saskatchewan(!) to play MMFIX, which from what I've read turned out to be a big bust this year. :erk:

In all honesty, I have never heard either band.
I did answer an ad once, and almost jammed with Sacred Dawn when they were looking for a bass player, but they found a replacement before we had worked anything out.

Jason & Bob: You guys don't have to defend your reason(s) for not attending the Legends show last Sunday. :p I was merely pointing out that I didn't see you guys there. I figured Jason wouldn't be since it was Mothers Day. I didn't seem like Bob was interested in the show from his previous posts either. Vito, however, said that he would be there but I did not see his smiling face anywhere in the venue that night. :p

no worries....I rarely go to local shows. I am not really into most local acts. I like Novembers Doom, Macabre and Usurper. Thats about it really. Hanging out with locals is fun. Just really busy on the weekends so going to a show just to hang out is hard.