Reminder for Chicagolanders: 12th Gate / Mindwarp Chamber / Sacred Dawn on 2/10!

The show was amazing. I also had to leave early during Sacred Dawn to drive home. I caught 3 songs by them though. I like them alot, seeing them at Kelley's with Mindwarp Chamber the first time made me a fan of them. Aaron did a great job I thought for his first time playing with 12th Gate. I hope things work out with him, because I really like his style. It fits well with what 12th Gate is doing, and it doesn't stand out in a bad way. Mindwarp Chamber was incredible. I can't wait for the Kelley's show with them. It was great hanging out with Ken, Eden's Fall and our usual power metal crowd. To bad Jason couldn't make it out.

Sorry I didn't make it out. Glad to hear all went well for all the bands.

Ken - Why the "roll eyes" smiley? I don't recall making any guarantee that I was going to be in attendance.

First post!

Yeah this show was a long time coming, it was good to see Twelth Gate again, I hadn't seen them since Scott was still singing for 'em. MWC was great, It kinna sucked that they were having all those problems with the power both lights and sound, I just had to scream "Drum Solo" in the middle of it, at least he listened to me HA! Sacred Dawn was good as always, the new song sounded ok, it's kinna hard to get the feel of it when you've only heard it once, I like the 7-string idea when it's done right I guess.

Either way it was a great time!

Just wanted to add to what everyone else is saying....

The show was awesome! I had a great time and it was cool to see everyone.:headbang:

Twelfth Gate's new singer, Aaron, is a really nice guy and did a kick ass job! I'm one of the few people who actually liked Red's vocals in Twelfth Gate, but I do agree that it was too much of a change from Scott's style (which of course rules). Aaron did an awesome job of combining both styles and still had an original sound. He has a great clean voice and was able to add just enough rasp to make everything sound more powerful. I'm really looking forward to hearing them after they have more time to gel.

BTW, speaking of new band member that did a kick ass job, Mindwarp Chamber's new drummer is awesome! His style really adds to MWC's sound and I can't wait for these guys to hit the studio and make a killer CD!