Mindwarp Chamber / Sacred Dawn / Dektor this Saturday at Legends

Shit, sorry...then which show am I thinking of? Oh...now I remember...I was thinking of the Metal Anthem show...especially cuz you were on the flyer too. Sorry for getting the 2 mixed up...my bad. As I'm sure you know...the Powerfest weekend was crazy for me, Chris & John...then when I finally got to relax each night, I was pretty F'ed up. :lol:

It was actually Tony (Rich too, right?) that I was thinking of about missing the fest.

And for the record...thanks for choosing the Powerfest as the one NOT to miss. :p Much appreciated!!! ;)

Yeap I totally missed it.....I just bought a new toy so I'm going to be missing a lot since money will be tight until I get my raise in July...but as long as the lineup is good I'll be at power fest...but check out how badass my toy is...

DSC00872.jpg

Talk about pet peeves, try being in a band called "Bavmorda" and telling the stupid Willow story everytime someone asks you what that means. :Smug:
At least people can pronounce TWELFTH GATE.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry bro! I used to get that a lot too when we first started...and kinda still do when ppl ask me the name of my band...most ppl have a hard time hearing the "TH" in TwelfTH...they think I say Twelve Gate...as if that make sense at all. :p

Ok, now that I am past the post whore milestone....

Yes, I have a lot of experience with booking shows, tours, etc. In college, I booked shows, primarily punk and indie, for a few years. Dealt with a lot of bands, agents, etc, etc. Also, I have been in many bands through the years as well, so dealt with a lot of promoters, now on the other side of the fence.

This was all before My Space, and forums as we know them today.

I guess I have always had a DIY mentality about promoting shows and being in bands.

I was tired of no good bands coming to the Champaign area. I hooked up with another independent promoter and made things happen.

If a big out of town band was rolling through my town, and I wanted my band to play with them, I made MANY phone calls and put together a solid promo package to represent the band and ultimately get us on the bill. Of course this didn't always result in the band getting on the bill, but it led to getting on other shows.

If I put together a big show down in Champaign, I would make sure I hit Chicago a few weeks before, and flyer at a lot of shows and stores. This did result in a number of people coming down for the show.

Shreddy made a good point. These are all activities that were more effective in the 90s than they might be today.

I still though firmly believe that it is VERY limiting to only promote a gig online. I know TONS of people who don't go to forums ever. Their main source of finding out about shows is from flyers, Illinois Entertainer, the Reader, etc.

Well, anyhow, just my two cents. Certainly not trying to argue, or say that one way of promoting is right and another is wrong.