Reminder for Chicagolanders: 12th Gate / Mindwarp Chamber / Sacred Dawn on 2/10!

Hi people,

I've been offline for the last FIVE days but not by choice I assure you. Sorry to have missed the Legends show. Glad to read about the respectable turnout, though. :) I couldn't make it that night because there was more than enough last-minute packing to do before the move on Monday. It's amazing how much stuff can be accumulated over years. :zombie: The move became necessary due to the old apt building's roof degeneration. It was a flat-roofed concrete and dry wall type of place which had 3 different ownerships within my last year there. I didn't mind living in the 'hood. I was never bother by hooligans even though there was plenty of criminal 'activities' engaged in by numerous tenants over the years. It was a nice size for a 1-br apt. I feel no shame for having lived in a lower rent district either. I know it matters to some people but I'm not one of them. Granted, the commotion from ritual weekend police drunk/drug busts, traffic accidents, and the occasional domestic disputes were present, but so were the rainbows, and this, the thing I'll miss most besides the lower rent: my bestest ever 'hood squirrelie buds. That is indeed a most painful parting. :cry: But, I had to give in to the ultimate feng shui by saying goodbye to the old 'hood and hello to the new one. A leaky roof is where I draw the line! (When the levee breaks...) ;) I'm still in Schaumburb but in a better part of town. It's more like the 'posh bit' compared to the former location but not quite in the midst of the super-duper upper crusties. ;) Best things so far about the new place is no leaky roof(!) and laundry facilities inside the apt! Oh my, it is a beautiful thing. :D Packing up all the cookware reminded me of how much I used to do the home cooking thing. I'm going to try to rekindle an interest in that. It was a good thing the move was on Monday and not Tuesday too, due to that vicious storm that dumped all the snow on us. That storm is the very reason why I've been offline for five days. The cable servicemen were originally schedule to show up between 4 and 6 on Tuesday. Well, that didn't happen because of that storm. The next available time slot for a service call was earlier today. At last! WooHoo! I'm baaaaaaaaaack...with some pics!

These were taken outside the front entrance of the new place on wednesday, the day after that storm
newplace_070214_01.jpg

newplace_070214_02.jpg

newplace_070214_03.jpg

Notice the icicles hanging from the eaves? I have eaves!!!

These views from the balcony were taken earlier today. I was told by management here that the previous owner left his dish network system. Hmmm...interesting
newplace_070215_01.jpg

newplace_070215_02.jpg

newplace_070215_03.jpg

Ok, back to the Music topic... Since I missed the Feb 10 show at Legends all of the bands need to reschedule other shows soon! :p I know exactly what you mean about the lighting 'issues' experienced at Legends although I haven't had (or noticed) any issues with the sound. The lighting atrocities I have encountered at previous shows. At one point while one band was playing on a dark stage I walked back toward the lighting booth (like I was going to hit the ladies room) and noticed some buffoon standing there punching buttons randomly! Then he'd stop and walk away for a while. WT..?! It's quite frustrating indeeeeeed.

-rh

Fantastic pics Rebecca! I did miss ya at the show, but I know how it is to be in moving mode. UGH, I LOATHE it. After two years of staying put once again, I think I may be back in motion come June. *sigh* Ya know, I never knew that Schaumburg had a "lesser" area. Actually, I had heard about it but I just have never seen it! Glad that you have upgraded...it's never any good to have a leaky roof! That's just positively craptastic. On the flip side, you had better take advantage of that dish so conveniently left in your presence!

On a show note, though it won't be 12G, SD is playing this weekend again. PM me if you are going!

Hi Rachel,

Thanks! That's Sony output.

So you're going to pack it all up again? Are you planning to move locally or are you thinking of taking off to another out-of-state location, like you did when you moved to Houston? Don't forget the lessons learned from that experience! Ok, I'm pretty sure you haven't forgotten the lessons and you're now much wiser for it. :)

Yep, Schaumburg does have a "lesser" area and I lived there for almost 15 years. I'd nearly forgotten the "joys" of moving. Even though I had movers do the bulk of the stuff, right now my aching back and joints are reminding me of those "joys." By the way, you can view glimpses of the lesser S'burb in some of the Nature fotos located at my site. Link's in the sig. ;)

Hey hey Rebecca, I sent you a PM as well. I did click on your link and still can't figure out where that part of town is! :lol: No matter, you're in a better area now anyway. You do take phenomenal pics though. :cool:

No no no, fret not as I am not and probably would never again consider moving out of state. In fact, chances are that I will be staying in my complex. Being without a balcony is driving me insane and I'm about 99% sure that I will be getting rid of the roommate. I'm tired of the hassle and could really use having the space on my own again! Besides, I love partying with people at my place and really can't do so with the roomie. The ball will be rolling within the next month or so. :D

Thanks. :) Got your PM, haven't replied to it yet. Ok, nice to know you'll be sticking around. Good luck with the upcoming temporary 'turbulence.' May it all go smooth as glass for you. Keep in touch!