say something about ... yourself!

Took the day off work... windows 7 public beta drops sometime today, and if I learned anything from the vista beta drops it's A) You want to get the official version so you don't have to spend weeks trying to compile all the shit you could have gotten if you had a legal version, and B) You want to start downloading that shit the minute it drops. 2.5 million download limit or something, and while that sounds like a lot, there's probably 8 million people like me who can't wait to get their hands on the supposedly high performing OS.

After all the shit came out that this build is supposedly 2:1 faster for most processes (http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=3236&page=2) than both XP and Vista, those of us who actually care are more than ready to dedicate themselves to a beta build. I'd have gone full nix if WINE and Cedega had better support for my windows needs.

My clicking finger is poised.

I have a schizophrenic fan club at work. Two in particular walk by my desk about 20 times a day.

And a client pooped on the floor the other day.

That is all

Took the day off work... windows 7 public beta drops sometime today, and if I learned anything from the vista beta drops it's A) You want to get the official version so you don't have to spend weeks trying to compile all the shit you could have gotten if you had a legal version, and B) You want to start downloading that shit the minute it drops. 2.5 million download limit or something, and while that sounds like a lot, there's probably 8 million people like me who can't wait to get their hands on the supposedly high performing OS.

After all the shit came out that this build is supposedly 2:1 faster for most processes (http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=3236&page=2) than both XP and Vista, those of us who actually care are more than ready to dedicate themselves to a beta build. I'd have gone full nix if WINE and Cedega had better support for my windows needs.

Report back as it comes along, I'm curious myself how this OS will turn out.