say something about ... yourself!

Just came back from a walk in the piazza pf Spilimbergo with Anna and Marduk (my lab). We stopped for a cappuccino, some cookies, and a spritz aperatif.

It's 1 pm on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I think I'll make this my weekly Sunday ritual from now on.

roughly 4 hours of sleep, gotta go to work, then I'm going to Atlantic City for 2 nights to drink and gamble my stupidity away

Maybe I should look forward to turning 21. Sure I can get alcohol any time I want, but to be able to buy it yourself, wherever and whenever...then gamble...it sounds like such a good thing. It sounds like the two things I should be doing at 21.

Maybe I should look forward to turning 21. Sure I can get alcohol any time I want, but to be able to buy it yourself, wherever and whenever...then gamble...it sounds like such a good thing. It sounds like the two things I should be doing at 21.

I thought the same thing, but by the time you hit 21 there's no fun left in it. It's no big deal anymore. Never been much of a gambler myself, though.

Turning 21 in the states is quite anti-climactic actually. Here drinking age is like 16 so it's never been a big deal. The only thing that made me happy about being 21 were the all-ages shows. No more being separated or left out from my friends at shows; ironically, shortly after I left the US and it wasn't even a factor by that time, :lol:.

I might be getting a lady's ID this week. It'll be nice just to get into bars and clubs and to buy drinks at shows. I know how to drink like an adult, so it sucks to have to sneak alcohol into the bathroom and drink like a kid.

there's a pretty big difference between 'underage but can get it' and being 21. sure you can get it, but you've still gotta call your friend or whatever and you're still relying on someone else to come do you a favor, dont always get what you wanted, dont always get change, etc. ive got a great liquor store less than a mile from my house with a huge beer and liquor selection where i can go get whatever i want whenever i want and be home enjoying that shit before your friend even calls you back. craving to satisfaction in five minutes, plus drinking in bars, restaurants, 21+ shows etc. it probably doesnt seem like as big of a deal until you can do all that stuff and remember what a hassle it was before. turning 21 is still pretty cool.

It's a taboo thing.

Been workin' my ass off the past few weeks, but have the next week off!

being 21 is definitely nice, got drunk a BW3s the other night, great time

and tonight I'd like to say, Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey > your bitch drinks