say something about ... yourself!

Chris.... I know all about IP addresses actually, hah!
..and I got that part, but what I meant to say: I thought it was from a movie or something nerdy that only Max will get... hah.
I guess I didn't get the joke 's all.

thanks for explaining though :)

except that 192.168.0.1 is just a generic private ip address, which though commonly used as the default gateway address on consumer level routers, is hardly written in stone, is user configurable (I use a 10. private address space with a /26 subnet in my home LAN), and is a poor analogue for "home."

Thusly the much superior:

noplace.jpg

Which is universal, immutable, and a very good analogue for "home."

except that 192.168.0.1 is just a generic private ip address, which though commonly used as the default gateway address on consumer level routers, is hardly written in stone, is user configurable (I use a 10. private address space with a /26 subnet in my home LAN), and is a poor analogue for "home."

Thusly the much superior:

noplace.jpg

Which is universal, immutable, and a very good analogue for "home."

I agree but just didn't want to say anything.

:lol: @ /26 class A address.

Alright, being thwarted in online Christmas shopping attempts. Requesting assistance. Have exhausted Amazon, Omega, Red Stream, Earache, Relapse and Century Media.

Looking for stuff such as Austere, Colosseum, Forest of Shadows, Tenhi, Gris, Sol Invictus, The Morningside.

Where do you guys shop online?

Doesn't The End have a pretty good distro? Might try them.

In other news, I saw a guy walking down the middle of the street downtown wrapped up in lit Christmas lights this morning. He was holding up traffic. WTF?