say something about ... yourself!

Gonna drop my developmental Algebra class and save it for next semester when I'll only be taking 2 classes. After being in it for a week and getting a feel for it, I found out just how much time I'm going to spend studying for it. It's going to take wayyy too many study hours away from my other classes, and I really want to do well my first semester.

Ooh and dropping developmental classes doesn't count towards my drop limit! Yay! Though I don't ever plan to drop a class again, now that I know what I'm getting myself into.

Done. I'm only getting 70% of the cost back for the class, but that's what I get for making the newbie mistake of overloading myself! I'll just keep the book though, and hope it will be the same one I'll need for next semester.

Done it myself for the whole of January. It does feel good.

It's impossible to go sober for most of January in Serbia, because there is New Years, Orthodox Christmas, Orthodox New Years, and a slew of Saints Days.

I cut myself off at gorging last Monday but it could have easily gone on to the end of the month.

Well I ended up eating my packed lunch for breakfast at about 10:00, sooo the only logical thing to do is go across the street to Sonny Bryan's after class and have some barbecue & okra :kickass:

It's impossible to go sober for most of January in Serbia, because there is New Years, Orthodox Christmas, Orthodox New Years, and a slew of Saints Days.

I cut myself off at gorging last Monday but it could have easily gone on to the end of the month.

Yep, I have a Russian friend who pretty much partied from December 24th until mid January. Got his wife pregnant during the period too, but he's not sure it's his.

I have a bunch of friends, work acquaintances mostly, that always (try to) go sober for the month of January. The entire time, all they do is count down the days until February when they can drink again and I think to myself "why are you even bothering to torture yourself when your only plan is to keep on drinking anyways?"

They feel like they think they have a problem, so they spend a month not drinking like 30 days is going to make some sort of difference when all they do is resume drinking again asap. It gets harder for them year after year. I LOL in their general direction.

Well, I find that funny too. I'm not doing it in a similar way though. I did it primarily because I gorged all Christmas and I have some workout goals.

Alcohol just isn't important to me at all. Sure, I'll indulge if I'm engaging in some kind of festivities, but it's not part of my daily life. BBQ, on the other hand, should find it's way into my mouth every day. But it doesn't :(

Same here. Sometimes I think I drink too much, but then I realize I've had a 22oz bottle of my favorite beer in the fridge for 3 weeks and a pint of my favorite whiskey in the cupboard that's been there longer and then I feel better.

I never ever drink to excess when I'm at home. Once that starts happening is when I will begin the serious worry.

Alcohol just isn't important to me at all. Sure, I'll indulge if I'm engaging in some kind of festivities, but it's not part of my daily life. BBQ, on the other hand, should find it's way into my mouth every day. But it doesn't :(

Yeah seriously. Going without for months is really simple for me. I love to have some drinks when clubbing or whatever but on a daily basis or every weekend? lol no.
Haha BBQ <3

Club.jpg

I do enjoy a good night of clubbing

Shouldn't they be beating on logs and playing with animal sinew tied to sticks to be making music, in their case?