say something about ... yourself!

Either is valid, smartass.

OMGZZ MAYBE I'LL USE THAT INSTEAD OF WHICH NEXT.

No, it's not valid...smartass. It's ACCEPTED because two generations of idiots have been fucking up the English language, but it's not valid. It's the conjunctive/subjunctive and a conditional. If it were, not if it was. You could use "it was" and not "it were" but only if it WEREn't dependent upon IF. IF makes all the difference. There's no wiggling out of this one. You got egg on your face, now don't make a scene and just move on.

Also, just FYI...that/which is a completely different argument and has no bearing whatsoever on your mistake.

I wouldn't have even noticed it but you left yourself wide open with the literacy comment.

No, it's not valid...smartass. It's ACCEPTED because two generations of idiots have been fucking up the English language, but it's not valid. It's the conjunctive/subjunctive and a conditional. If it were, not if it was. You could use "it was" and not "it were" but only if it WEREn't dependent upon IF. IF makes all the difference. There's no wiggling out of this one. You got egg on your face, now don't make a scene and just move on.

Also, just FYI...that/which is a completely different argument and has no bearing whatsoever on your mistake.

What mistake?

Newsflash, esayist:

"were" agrees with plural and "was" agrees with singular. Subjunctive is largely irrelevant, and I was not using it in this context. Ergo. don't be a douchebag and pretend you've scored some kind of point against an idiot. Also, you seem to draw the distinction between "accepted" and "proper." I submit that something which is "accepted" is, in fact, proper, and that was versus were is hardly "fucking up the English language" It's clearer. It makes more sense. So shut the fuck up.

haha i can't believe I'm reading this :lol:

I mean, sometimes I can be annoyed by other members of the board, but goddamn...