say something about ... yourself!

There's a really old Israeli joke, that tells the story of a little ant that wanted to cross a big gushing river. She came close to the river and saw an elephant in the water. She told him: "Hey elephant! can you help me cross the river?" So the elephant took the little ant on his back and brought her to the other side of the river safely.
The ant got off his back and said: "Thank you, Elephant!"
and the elephant said: "What do you mean 'thank you', get naked!'
The shocked ant got naked and the elephant of course, had sex with her.

Two weeks lated another ant comes close to the same river, realizes she can't cross the river, and noticed the elephant. "Hey elephant! Can you help me cross the river?" and the elephant took the little ant on his back and brought her to the other side.
The ant told him: "Thank you!"
The elephant said: "you're welcome!"
The ant insisted... "no really, thank you so much!"
and the elephant said: "you're very welcome!"

The ant walked away and mumbled to herself "gramma and her fairy-tales!"

-----

The reason I am telling you this joke, is because the line: "What do you mean 'thank you', get naked!' has become such a slang/ expression/ something everybody says ESPECIALLY when a hot chick says thank you.

so back to my original post:

What do you mean 'thanks' get naked :cool: :D

:lol: Actually a colleague chose the Jewish community in our town as her end thesis study subject( I know you don't like the term "Jew" but in this case it is more appropriate as most people here are merely of Jewish descent, and not Israeli).
She also included a chapter which dealt solely with Israeli humor-and I witnessed her presentation first-hand. I gotta tell ya, it was great! The jury thought so too!

Israeli humor is a bit dark but always amusing. When I was a kid, we would sing our own versions of classic Israeli songs only turned into rather morbid war jokes. There's the one about "my brother took an RPG to the APC", the lovely "my tank has four corners, four corners my tanks has. BOOM! My tank has three corners..." and my favorite (which will obviously not rhyme in English):

We're both from the same plastic baggy
We were picked up by the same spoon
They identified us by the same dog tag
Yep, we're both combat engineers!

The only thing American Jewish humor has in common with Israeli humor is Jewish mother jokes, which tells you a lot about the universal sameness of Jewish mothers I suppose.

:lol: Actually a colleague chose the Jewish community in our town as her end thesis study subject( I know you don't like the term "Jew" but in this case it is more appropriate as most people here are merely of Jewish descent, and not Israeli).
She also included a chapter which dealt solely with Israeli humor-and I witnessed her presentation first-hand. I gotta tell ya, it was great! The jury thought so too!

haha, awesome!
Yeah I actually love Israeli humor/ slang (and I may be bias naturally) It’s so rough, to the point and culturally unique. (and a lot of it comes from the military) Granted most of it cannot be translated and still sound authentic .
But in this case: “what do you mean thank you, get naked” I just thought it was appropriate :tickled: ;)

I wish I could see her presentation!

meh, see I don't relate to that at all... . most israeli mothers I know, including my very own, do not fall even close to the generic stereotype :eek:

Mine falls into it perfectly as Dave will tell you. Although she's Romanian and not exactly Israeli so I suppose that might be the issue.

I'll keep the Jewish girl and the Bat Yam jokes to myself :)

^ it's all good Gal :)

and yeah, I can definitely see the Eastern-European decent Israeli moms be more close to the typical Jewish Mother persona. I know many of them, but also, I know a lot of Israeli moms that are the exact opposite and are more "Mediteranean" in personality, (which I guess can be similar but not quite the 'yekeh')

Mine falls into it perfectly as Dave will tell you. Although she's Romanian and not exactly Israeli so I suppose that might be the issue.

hahahaha
Edit: It's cute that I just mentioned a paper on the Romanian Jewish community and their cultural heritage, and then you mentioned that.

Aye, Romanian-Jews are a piece of work ;)

She's actually Transylvanian Romanian but there's nothing weird about that. I mean, she does spend a lot of her day time hanging upside down in the closet, sleeping, and her shampoo is made from pure virgin blood. Plus there's always that pesky bat that followed me around when I was a kid and the impaled heads that surrounded the house as a warning to robbers and... mm... you know, come to think of it, maybe there is something weird about her.

She's actually Transylvanian Romanian but there's nothing weird about that. I mean, she does spend a lot of her day time hanging upside down in the closet, sleeping, and her shampoo is made from pure virgin blood. Plus there's always that pesky bat that followed me around when I was a kid and the impaled heads that surrounded the house as a warning to robbers and... mm... you know, come to think of it, maybe there is something weird about her.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

go on!

Mom?

Look what I've been working on...

img8962.jpg

It's that shirt that everybody wanted so badly back in like 2005! Some girl from South Carolina sent it to me.

As ima likes to say:

"First, you kill a Turk. Then you rest. Then you kill another Turk."

Practical advice from Romania.

Dave, as someone who has failed Ima so many times, do you really want to be making fun of her in this public forum? Do you remember the kitchen knife? How about the no bake rum cake incident?

EDIT - And yah, Romanian would work fine, I'm sure she'd appreciate the practice.