say something about ... yourself!

Just had my first officla work shot. Huge ol pull of Jim Beam. yumz! Plus, my left handed mousing skills are getting deadly now!

Yeah buddy!

This job basically rocks really hard. The most difficult and challenging aspect of it all so far is definitely keeping myself and the computers organized. I can bust out installs of Win7 and re-image computers 6 or 7 at a time... but keeping track of exactly what steps I'm doing with all of them is where I'm doing most of the hard thinking.

Damn I've drank more at F5 in my first week during work than the last two years combined at my last place.

This rules. I've never used so many Post-It's in my life.

Throwing on the fancy pants for tonight's SF Symphony performance of The Rite of Spring, what my composer friend says is the most important piece of music ever written.

"The premiere involved one of the most famous classical music riots in history. The intensely rhythmic score and primitive scenario shocked audiences more accustomed to the demure conventions of classical ballet.

The complex music and violent dance steps depicting fertility rites first drew catcalls and whistles from the crowd. At the start, the audience began to boo loudly. There were loud arguments in the audience between supporters and opponents of the work. These were soon followed by shouts and fistfights in the aisles. The unrest in the audience eventually degenerated into a riot. The Paris police arrived by intermission, but they restored only limited order. Chaos reigned for the remainder of the performance.[6] Fellow composer Camille Saint-Saëns famously stormed out of the première allegedly infuriated over the misuse of the bassoon in the ballet's opening bars (though Stravinsky later said "I do not know who invented the story that he was present at, but soon walked out of, the premiere."[7]) .
Stravinsky ran backstage, where Diaghilev was turning the lights on and off in an attempt to try to calm the audience. Nijinsky stood on a chair, leaned out (far enough that Stravinsky had to grab his coat-tail), and shouted counts to the dancers, who were unable to hear the orchestra (this was challenging because Russian numbers are polysyllabic above ten, such as seventeen: semnadsat vs. eighteen: vosemnadsat).[8]
Although Nijinsky and Stravinsky were despondent, Diaghilev (a Russian art critic as well as the ballet's impresario) commented that the scandal was "just what I wanted"."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all!

There's a really old Israeli joke, that tells the story of a little ant that wanted to cross a big gushing river. She came close to the river and saw an elephant in the water. She told him: "Hey elephant! can you help me cross the river?" So the elephant took the little ant on his back and brought her to the other side of the river safely.
The ant got off his back and said: "Thank you, Elephant!"
and the elephant said: "What do you mean 'thank you', get naked!'
The shocked ant got naked and the elephant of course, had sex with her.

Two weeks lated another ant comes close to the same river, realizes she can't cross the river, and noticed the elephant. "Hey elephant! Can you help me cross the river?" and the elephant took the little ant on his back and brought her to the other side.
The ant told him: "Thank you!"
The elephant said: "you're welcome!"
The ant insisted... "no really, thank you so much!"
and the elephant said: "you're very welcome!"

The ant walked away and mumbled to herself "gramma and her fairy-tales!"

-----

The reason I am telling you this joke, is because the line: "What do you mean 'thank you', get naked!' has become such a slang/ expression/ something everybody says ESPECIALLY when a hot chick says thank you.

so back to my original post:

Thanks all!

What do you mean 'thanks' get naked :cool: :D