say something about ... yourself!

I had a surprisingly good time at Tidal Wave today, saw Anvil Chorus (who played wayy too long) and Raven (who I didn't enjoy all that much) but surprisingly the highlight was promotion haha. I gave a bunch of people copies of my bands cd, handed out fliers with Julz for the show we're playing with Hatchet and caught up with a couple old friends. 2 girls even remembered me from handing out cds outside a bullet for my valentine show (no i didn't go to the show haha) and said they liked my cd which i thought was crazy they remembered me. There were drunk people everywhere falling and tripping and puking (pretty standard for outdoor metal shows haha) and it was crazy because the wind was so intense it knocked over an entire tent and was making it tough to even see. Still makes me glad they brought this fest back, even when I'm not a fan of the bands its a fun time.

Today I got my blue belt from Cindy Hales :)

Picture065.jpg

One of the guys I work with owns a Muy Thai gym. Another one of the waiters trains there.

I'd much rather learn Jiu Jitsu though, not to underestimate Muy Thai. Great job, Kevin.

haha whoops my bad

One of the guys I work with owns a Muy Thai gym. Another one of the waiters trains there.

I'd much rather learn Jiu Jitsu though, not to underestimate Muy Thai. Great job, Kevin.

you'd actually be good at muay thai because you're a big (tall) dude which means you'd have great range. since a huge part of muay thai is front push kicks and round kicks you'd basically have a hugeee advantage in that you could defend with kicks and strike with kicks before they get close to you and if you stretched well you could get head kicks in much more easily. since you also have posted before that you get into a lot of fights and drunk boxing stuff you'd probably want to know muay thai; not because jiu jitsu isn't as deadly (it's just as much or moreso) but in drunk boxing and fights you'd probably lose rep or be kinda looked down upon as wtf bro if you arm barred some guy and broke his arm or took the fight to the ground; with muay thai you could just use that boxing plus the elbows knees and kicks and increase your fighting skills a lot while still keeping rep and not taking the fights into unfamiliar territory for your average drunken retard.

Who cares about rep? If someone fucks with me and I break his arm, that will teach others not to fuck with me. That's all the rep I need.

I don't in the case of life or death but John gets into drunk fights (and seems to care about rep) and those aren't exactly life or death, just dumb bros beating their chest and fighting. It'd be kinda dick to really fuck someone up for life just for a dumb drunk boxing fight.

if Muay Thai is anything like what Tony Jaa does then i might be interested, i like you he encorperates his whole body for take downs.

the aspects of the elbows and kicks and stuff are similar yeah but what he does is basically an old version where it was used for self defense and stuff and not exactly adapted to the ring sport yet. You can use a lot of the moves he uses like the flying elbows and stuff but nowadays its become a sport like boxing where they're more focused on landing hits to get points or knock someone out (circling around with their hands up in boxing style throwing leg kick after leg kick to wait for the knockout punch); not huge epic takedowns and a shitload of moves like other fighting styles. tony jaa is fucking badass though, all the shit he does in Ong Bak is fucking out of this world haha

Enemy-I know exactly what you mean, bro. The only reason I'd rather learn Jiu Jitsu is just that, though. If someone get's me on the ground, my height goes right out the window. That's how I lost my last fight. I have zero ground game. :(

Muy Thai would definitley be my second choice, though. Hell, I still might do it. The guys I work with call their gym Silverback (I think). One of the guys in Massachusets or Michigan or something won some kind of heavy weight MMA championship last night.