say something about ... yourself!

I usually get specialty rolls, depends on the place.
The really good places will make awesome spcialty rolls and then I will most likely order those. (I will post a picture of this amazing K-Roll at my fav sushi place in NYC... INSANE)

But specialty aside, my go-to staples are always Spicy Tuna - Hand Roll, Toro (if available), Sake, Hamachi (yellow tail), Unagi/Anago (Eel- only in season), Tai (Red Snapper) tako (octopus) - Honestly I love them all...
but I'll get the 'exotic' stuff only in cold months (in season)

whats yours? :)

Mine would have to be, Unagi (it has such a tasty flavor), Spicy tuna, Sake, toro, and the spider roll (I know, its not traditional, but I'll be damned if it isn't super tasty).
I've had Uni which I don't think was at its freshest when I got it. It was alright but not my thing, I'd give it another try at a better rated sushi restaurant.
I think about the only thing that made me gag was the Muscle (I don't even know the word for it, Mirugai?). I have a pretty strong stomach, but that just about made me color the table with my stomach lining.
I'd like to try some of the Tomago and Tako. But the place I go to never seems to have the ingredients for them.

Mine would have to be, Unagi (it has such a tasty flavor), Spicy tuna, Sake, toro, and the spider roll (I know, its not traditional, but I'll be damned if it isn't super tasty).
I've had Uni which I don't think was at its freshest when I got it. It was alright but not my thing, I'd give it another try at a better rated sushi restaurant.
I think about the only thing that made me gag was the Muscle (I don't even know the word for it, Mirugai?). I have a pretty strong stomach, but that just about made me color the table with my stomach lining.
I'd like to try some of the Tomago and Tako. But the place I go to never seems to have the ingredients for them.

Justin you inspired me to ditch my original dinner plans of pesto-salmon and get sushi :D

Tonight I had Spicy Tuna Hand Roll, Sake, Boston Macarel and Yellow Tail.
(accompanied by misso soup and sea-weed salad my sushi chef added free because I go there a lot :) )

Also: I agree: sushi has to be fresh... I got sick a few times and it's the worst feeling in the world... seriously.. I do not wish this for my biggest enemies.

Tako is wonderful (has to be fresh, or else tastes like rubber) and Tomago is OK... not a big fan of the egg sushi.

I dedicate tonight's sushi for you, Justin! :kickass:

From this past May @ my favorite place in NYC:

The AMAZING K-Roll (and Kevin, we all know the reason they named it K-roll!)

<3 <3 <3

k_roll.JPG

karen you have to try my place Zen Toro in davis. its soooooo good. my japanese friend from the bay area says its the best sushi outside japan shes ever had! and i agree!

Getting tons of stuff ready for the Indecent Designs booth I'm going to have at a free two-day metal fest this weekend.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=143212

I gotta be honest I'm not really digging the lineup this year because I'm not familiar with any of the bands except Witchaven and Abysmal Dawn. I'll probably go out to support and pass out cd's since I won't be working my new job yet though and don't have anything to do. That's awesome you'll have a booth though, if I do make it I'll definitely check it out even though I don't think I need any girl style metal clothes haha

karen you have to try my place Zen Toro in davis. its soooooo good. my japanese friend from the bay area says its the best sushi outside japan shes ever had! and i agree!

I would sooooooo love to try it, neal!

Isn't it funny how everytime '666' appears we all get silly excited over it?
Like when I see a car with 666 on the license plate I smile to myself, or when I order soemthing at the store and the change, or total amount is 666 I'm like: "whoa!" hahaha so silly but so fun at the same time :)

Justin you inspired me to ditch my original dinner plans of pesto-salmon and get sushi :D

Tonight I had Spicy Tuna Hand Roll, Sake, Boston Macarel and Yellow Tail.
(accompanied by misso soup and sea-weed salad my sushi chef added free because I go there a lot :) )

Also: I agree: sushi has to be fresh... I got sick a few times and it's the worst feeling in the world... seriously.. I do not wish this for my biggest enemies.

Tako is wonderful (has to be fresh, or else tastes like rubber) and Tomago is OK... not a big fan of the egg sushi.

I dedicate tonight's sushi for you, Justin! :kickass:

Dude, Pesto-Salmon sounds pretty rad too. mmmmm Sea-weed salad! I'm glad that I could inspire you! Sounds like you had an awesome time with some tasty foods!

I gotta be honest I'm not really digging the lineup this year because I'm not familiar with any of the bands except Witchaven and Abysmal Dawn. I'll probably go out to support and pass out cd's since I won't be working my new job yet though and don't have anything to do. That's awesome you'll have a booth though, if I do make it I'll definitely check it out even though I don't think I need any girl style metal clothes haha

Raven? But yeah in general the lineup's not that great. And I have been making some men's/unisex long sleeves and hoodies, plus I'm gonna have some patches for sale so come check it out!