say something about ... yourself!

First batch of my South of Heaven Hot Sauce is cooling.

45200_678295014308_11702533_38297282_6989173_n.jpg

Rediscovering my love for Pantera. Nothing like not listening to a band for several years.

In retrospect, I see my preference of Damageplan was nostalgia. I haven't enjoyed Pantera this much since I was 15.

I did the same a few years ago with Trendkill and rediscovered how great an album that was. For a while my favorite was Far Beyond Driven, but Trendkill is so much darker and more raw that I eventually came back to it. Things like this make you realize that we should keep our opinions in check because we change as people over time. We need to just enjoy what we enjoy and not give a shit about why we enjoy it.

I've always liked Pantera, but the whole Dimebag fellatio that's been going on for the past few years has to stop. Enough with the tributes already.

Pantera will always crush. FBD will always be my favorite album.

Yes they are rednecks, yes there is a lot of tough guy machismo, yes most of their biggest fans are borderline retarded, but they had some of the greatest riffage and overall band chemistry ever in metal.

I'm a big fan of CFH, the old school very 90's feel made that album awesome, plus it has sooo many underrated songs. The Sleep was always one of my favorites when I was younger, partly because the intro reminded me of Diablo lol

Pantera was our gateway to heavier stuff so it will always have a place in our hearts. People like you, Kevin, Azal, and myself were in our mid-teens when Far Beyond Driven came out. Do you remember the bridge from Metallica to Pantera at that age? Do you remember how blown away we were by this new aggressive band when the heaviest thing we had ever heard was Slayer? FBD came out and it hit us so hard our hair turned white...I remember thinking I couldn't believe what I was hearing. In 1994 it was a fucking massive album and it was even mainstream. Ok, there were heavier bands like Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel, but FBD ripped my face off when I first heard it. It was heavy, fast, catchy as hell, and on a major label. The guitar sound on that album was crushing...bass all the way up, treble all the way up, and mids all the way down. It was a really special time for all of us.

I love early Pantera. Yeah haters gonna hate. So what! One of my favorite records is Far Beyond Driven. <333

Just as I still like early Metallica or early Nightwish. Fuck that shit, some of that stuff was awesome!
But of course(unrelated to Pantera), people generally LOVE to jump on the 'yeah they were good but now they suck ' bandwagon , especially when it comes to bands who achieve more mainstream success. It might be true that they end up sucking as a consequence, but the old stuff's still there let's be serious.
Something similar happened to Slayer at one point, and lately I've heard similar unjustifiable opinions about the new Nevermore too.