say something about ... yourself!

When I train jiu-jitsu, my toes go cold. Sometimes parts of my foot also, but that's only when it's really bad. It's quite confusing to me as this is the ONLY time it ever happens. Even when we're warming up and doing drills, my toes are fine. But when we start live rolling, I just lose circulation to my toes. They go white and cold and the rest of my foot is red and hot like normal during exertion. I'm not sure what causes this, but it's definitely worse when the weather is colder. In the summer months it never happens and in winter it happens really badly. I'm yet to see a doc about it, but it's been going on for over a year now and sometimes it actually scares me quite a bit.

Not sure about the point of this post, but it's relevant to the discussion I guess, haha.

I think that all the alcohol has affected my circulation as I often find myself sitting in front of this computer and drinking pretty heavily. Most often every other day or so.

I think that all the alcohol has affected my circulation as I often find myself sitting in front of this computer and drinking pretty heavily. Most often every other day or so.
Sitting in front of your computer and boozing? No, I can't see how that could possibly be unhealthy.

When I train jiu-jitsu, my toes go cold. Sometimes parts of my foot also, but that's only when it's really bad. It's quite confusing to me as this is the ONLY time it ever happens. Even when we're warming up and doing drills, my toes are fine. But when we start live rolling, I just lose circulation to my toes. They go white and cold and the rest of my foot is red and hot like normal during exertion. I'm not sure what causes this, but it's definitely worse when the weather is colder. In the summer months it never happens and in winter it happens really badly. I'm yet to see a doc about it, but it's been going on for over a year now and sometimes it actually scares me quite a bit.

Not sure about the point of this post, but it's relevant to the discussion I guess, haha.
Chances are it's a nerve. My colleague had the same thing, only with his hand. Went cold, white and all that too. It was a nerve being constricted by certain movements. Not saying that's 100% definitely the cause, but it's a possibility.

Sitting in front of your computer and boozing? No, I can't see how that could possibly be unhealthy.

captain-obvious.jpg

Kinda sounds like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynaud's

Only happens to me very rarely, but occasionally my fingertips go white and numb if it's cold out or if I'm resting my hand against something vibrating like the arm rest in a moving car. Just the other week I got it in my feet the first time while walking around barefoot on a tile floor. I mentioned it to my doctor once and she didn't seem too concerned.

Get that checked, dude. Anything that is serious enough to worry you is worth getting checked out. Also, surely medical insurance won't cost a great deal more than all the money saved now that you're not boozing, or am I missing something?

Exactly. It's all WORDS until you actually do something about it. Sounds like you've know what's up. Now deal with it. Don't make excuses like you need to get in shape before you go see a doctor because that's just fucking bullshit and you know it.

Kinda sounds like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynaud's

Only happens to me very rarely, but occasionally my fingertips go white and numb if it's cold out or if I'm resting my hand against something vibrating like the arm rest in a moving car. Just the other week I got it in my feet the first time while walking around barefoot on a tile floor. I mentioned it to my doctor once and she didn't seem too concerned.
Hmm, that definitely sounds similar to my symptoms, but it never ever happens in my fingers and doesn't get nearly as bad as some of those pics. Still though, this is the closest thing to an actual condition I've found that resembles what's happening. Thanks for the link :headbang:

I'm seeing Ott @ the Ukiah brewing co tonight! I better make some dark chocolate/sunflower seed butter cupcakes asap...I think this is going to be fucking amazing

thankfully, I'm within walking distance to the venue, haha...they have killer noms, oh dear...I want some grilled noms right now.

I'm seeing Ott @ the Ukiah brewing co tonight! I better make some dark chocolate/sunflower seed butter cupcakes asap...I think this is going to be fucking amazing

thankfully, I'm within walking distance to the venue, haha...they have killer noms, oh dear...I want some grilled noms right now.

Put a little bit of WEED into those cupcakes, then go to the show.

That was the initial plan :)
I made chocolate peanut butter cookies instead from already vaped gaaanj, oh holyshitfuck.

OMG, my mind was blown. There were lots of hippies and lasers, along with ribbon dancers, etc. Got to reconnect with a good ol buddy of mine that I lost touch with. Hasn't changed a bit :>