say something about ... yourself!

I haven't played guitar in over a month and I realize I suck now :lol: I need other musicians to play with, because otherwise I am completely unmotivated jamming by my lonesome :(

...just got back from visiting Maui--primarily, Happy Valley/Wailuku.
Was doing a search for things I'd missed, since I feel like getting a place there.
My old hometown popped up in AOL's "good/bad places on Maui".
Felt like a ghost town, but they told me that 3 days prior, there was a shoot out with US Marshalls down the street.
I usually like it when places don't change much in character, but I thought after this long it could have gotten better. After all, they have a backpacker hostel now called "Banana Bungalow". I wonder if they research before traveling.

Areas to Avoid in Maui

1. Happy Valley: Widely regarded as one of the most dangerous places in Maui, the ironically named Happy Valley is a haven for Maui's criminals. A severely economically depressed area, Happy Valley is well known for its rabid illicit activities, with drug-dealing, prostitution, gang-related crimes and violent confrontations occasionally leading to deaths. Happy Valley is therefore number one on the list of areas to avoid in Maui, particularly at night. There really should be no reason for you to take a trip to Happy Valley, but if you do happen to take a wrong turn, simply make a U-turn at Takamia Market and go back the way you came. This is still Maui after all, and unless you provoke the wrong person, it's unlikely that anyone will bother you while driving through Happy Valley.

So yeah, I'm not religious at all--tried dabbling with all the wicca/magick bullshit when I was younger of course, but something happened to me over the last two weeks that cannot just be happenstance. It's too focused at this specific point in time, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I don't really feel like elaborating too much on some open forum over the internet, but I'll try to leave the vague CliffsNotes version to give you an idea of how much of a mindblower this is.

Basically, exactly two weeks ago I had this sudden urge to contact some relatives that I've not spoken to in over two decades. I really wasn't "missing" them or anything like that, it was more for academic reasons, as well as a little bit of spite, but decided to let sleeping dogs lie. A few nights later I have some random dream that I walked four states away to their house, and we are all nonchalantly sitting at a round dinner table ignoring the fact that I had never even met most of the people there, or those that I did know I had not spoken with since around 1990. There was obviously some other, more important issue at hand. Of course, right before it's revealed I wake up.

Fast forward a few more nights, and I'm driving around with my best friend, telling him about the dream among other things. I was talking about another particular person who had been very important in most of my life--much more like a parent than my actual parents. I have not really spoken to this person for around ten years due to them having a personal crisis of sorts and it affecting everyone closest to them. (Urg, there's so much more to this story...).

Anyway, I had not thought about this particular person, or spoke about them this much in a few years. Not only did I mention them once to one best friend, but the next day I mention them to another. It just felt so spontaneous. I have also never felt or cared about the other party involved that I had not spoken with in over two decades, yet feel compelled to reach out to them too? Nothing out of sorts was happening in my life that I knew of, so it's not like I was having some breakdown and needed to contact family members or anything.

So I get up yesterday to see eight missed calls on my phone. I assumed that it was either an emergency from my best friend, or he was simply bored and wanted to talk while at work, which often is the case. When I listened to the messages my mind was completely blown. Not only was it the person I was very close with that we had just been talking about, but they are telling me that another relative who I had not seen since I was five had died on August 13th...which was the exact day I started heavily thinking about random and distant relatives that I never think about--for no particular reason. The person who was contacting me really had nothing to do with either of the other parties either and was simply trying to get ahold of me to let me know what had happened (they had been searching for me for over a week and a half...), because someone else was searching for me as well and came across their number.

I believe that many, if not most things are simple coincidences, but come on. This is just way too focused at a specific point in time and with too many disperate variables to be just that. :loco:

But what else could it be if not a crazy, barely explainable coincidence? It does happen that way sometimes.

esp mind connections bro. you sensed a disturbance in the force; better get your midichlorian count checked.

Lol. One of the people who were trying to contact me, that I'd never actually spoken to in my life asked some strange question like "Isn't he into the dark side or something?" and they weren't talking about Star Wars, but that's exactly where my mind wandered when I was told that. :heh:

I think you think more often about someone than you're conscious about, but mostly you forget about it really soon, but in this case you are obviously more aware of it and interpret something into a pure coincidence. imo, of course

I think you think more often about someone than you're conscious about, but mostly you forget about it really soon, but in this case you are obviously more aware of it and interpret something into a pure coincidence. imo, of course

Yeah, I get that. However, if you look at each event individually it's nothing out of the ordinary and could happen randomly at any given time. Just so much randomness coalescing in such a small time frame though isn't that common at all, and the genesis of when it was the most pronounced was during a point where a major event happened. I quite literally "felt a disturbance in the force". :lol:

Humans see patterns in the chaos. Random occurrences, regardless of how much of a coincidence they seem, are still random occurrences. It's down to errors in the most basic systems which control how we think and perceive that leads us to see patterns.