say something about ... yourself!

you hope it gets better? Show kicks fucking ass

I remember not being interested in checking out that show, because the name just sounded really lame to me. I finally started watching it almost two years ago, and it's definitely one of the best shows on television. I also like The Walking Dead, True Blood, Dexter and of course Game of Thrones. Lost and BSG were good for a while too, but of course they ended. The only other shows I really watch are Weeds, Eureka and Warehouse 13.

We're right on the same page there. Those are my favorite non anime shows minus Rome and Sparticus.

Everyone reccomends Weeds but I feel like it will be packed full of "stoner" culture cliche and not something I could get into.

Nah, Weeds is really, really cool. I only watched up to like the third season but I was hooked. I should get back to it. It's a fantastic show and it's not like what you're thinking, John. It's not about stoners; it's about a widowed mother in suburban California with two kids. From the outside she looks like some average soccer mom, but she ends up having to sell weed on the side to all her goofy 40-something friends (with families and careers themselves) who are also hiding the fact they love to smoke. As it progresses, she becomes a legitimate dealer, moving large amounts of weed and becoming somewhat of a soccer-mom "Godfather" (or mother). However, she soon realizes that she's a little bit in over her head but at this point it's too late to back out. The series is basically about a woman doing what it takes to get by after the death of her husband, and all the crazy shit that goes along with it. It's a really, really good series, dude...at least it was when I was watching it.

In other news, the new Vader album is fucking killer.

We're right on the same page there. Those are my favorite non anime shows minus Rome and Sparticus.

Everyone reccomends Weeds but I feel like it will be packed full of "stoner" culture cliche and not something I could get into.

Nah, it's nothing like that at all (well, except for one character). The reason you gave is also the primary reason I never decided to check out that show until a few years later after it had been recommended. It's more dark dramedy than goofy "duuuuuude" shit.