say something about ... yourself!

Can't really argue against your statement post Empire, but prior? No way.

Oh yes, I absolutely agree. Empire is by far their best album. You are right, I meant post-empire for the most part...

:kickass:

What was their setlist like anyway? They're playing here next month and I'm not sure if it's worth $40 unless I'm gonna hear a bunch of Mindcrime and other awesome-era Queensryche.

I'm not the biggest fan, I don't know all their songs. I'll put the ones I'm unsure about with a question mark.

Set list was:

Get Started
Damaged (?)
I Don't Believe in Love (kinda gay song, but a classic, and fun to sing along to :p)
Hit the Black
The Hands
My Empty Room
Dead Man's Words (?)
At the Edge (?)
Real World (?)
The Thin Line (?)
Walk in the Shadows
Screaming in Digital (?)
Right Side of my Mind (?)
Around the World
Silent Lucidity (YES!!!)

Encore:
Jet City Woman (YES!)
Empire (YES!!)
Eyes of A Stranger (YES!!!)

Empire had more "hits", as well as having songs that just stood out as being great overall. Mindcrime was much more consistent, had better vocals and better musicianship. The political themes are irrelevant to me, but the concept album as a whole was very cohesive. I'm a sucker for a good story album though that doesn't sound like it's sacrificing the songwriting just to tell a tale.

Promised Land is the best Queensryche album.

Sorry, mostly sucked. I won't lie, I did like quite a bit from Promised Land, but it just seemed like a few steps backwards to me. I haven't listened to it for around ten years either. My tastes have changed quite a bit since then, so I'll have to listen to it again I suppose. I do know however that their last few albums absolutely put me to sleep...kind of like the new Opeth.

It's a completely different style of album so it's really difficult to even compare to the others. But to me it sounds like they put a LOT of effort into making it something special, and I think they pulled it off. Of course after that album, yeah, all terrible.

(well, every now and then there's a few songs on Q2K and Tribe which are a guilty pleasure...)

It's a completely different style of album so it's really difficult to even compare to the others. But to me it sounds like they put a LOT of effort into making it something special, and I think they pulled it off. Of course after that album, yeah, all terrible.

(well, every now and then there's a few songs on Q2K and Tribe which are a guilty pleasure...)

Oh totally agree. Promised Land has so much stuff going on it's almost like a different band wrote it. Definitely the high point of their creative output. That being said, I'd pay almost any ticket price to see them play an all Rage For Order setlist.

toothache last night. went to the dentist today and found out i have 4 impacted wisdom teeth, a huge cavity and need the dead roots of a broken tooth removed. awesome.

i can get this all done in one shot by an oral surgeon on thurs with full sedation. i'm down. boss is being shitty about me needing off so soon in advance. i tried to find people to cover for me the day of the procedure and the day after. both of the people who said they might be able to do that for me flaked so i dunno what i'm gonna do about work. i was basically getting guilted about not rescheduling the procedure. thanks, guys.

regardless, not even in that much pain (percosets ftw) and not really scared about the surgery itself, more just freaked out about the recovery, having my face swollen up, drooling blood etc. i've gotten to hear everyone's wisdom teeth horror stories and obviously i have a lot to look forward to.

getting wisdom teeth taken out blows, and usually they don't even give you that much in terms of medicine (or my doctor was a dick). playing videogames for a day with bloody bandages in your mouth and not doped out of my mind? fuck that.
cavities are the worst too, i had never had one until recently when i went in and they found one right between 2 of my teeth in the farrr back. obviously no one will ever see it and it affects nothing, but it still sucked getting it filled in and i just don't like the fact that i got one and have now become obsessed with not getting another.

good luck with all that, sounds like you've got a ton of stuff they have to deal with and that will surely blow. oxycodone will help because that can fix anything pretty much (until you fuck yourself with addiction, that blows) but the blood dripping out of the mouth and all that bother is by far the worst i think personally; pain is one thing but you just kinda deal, discomfort just grates at you until you want to go insane.

I just had my wisdom teeth removed last November, it sucked too because all four were impacted.

@Enemy: don't fuck around with cavities. Who cares if "no one can see it anyway". Vanity is about the lamest reason to get something fixed. A single cavity can cause you to keep getting gum infections, and if it goes too far you either have to get it pulled, or get a root canal (fun!).

I was such a pussy that I had them knock me the fuck out (IV) when they took mine out. Funny thing is, they said that the person isn't actually asleep at all; they need to be aware enough to change positions if asked. All I remembed was being OUT not even two minutes after the IV was inserted and then waking up, but apparently I was asking questions all through the proceedure. :lol:

oh i got it fixed right then and there haha, the reason i noted that no one would see it is i was talking about how i was bummed i got a cavity, but it could've been worse if say it were in a place that were blatantly obvious so that every time i opened my mouth i had to stare at an ugly filling. i'm not stupid enough to not fix something just because it doesn't appear to be an issue. needless to say i take flossing a bit more serious after that first cavity because i do not want another, fuck that shit i'll endure the bother of flossing and remembering to do that in exchange (up until that cavity i had teenage syndrome thinking i was invincible and could never get a cavity because i brushed twice a day and flossed like once a month, that event pretty much shattered that).

i was also out when i got my wisdom teeth out and they said the same thing, that i was able to respond/change positions if needed etc yet i don't remember anything. one second the needle was going in, next second i'm waking up in an empty room with blood gushing out of my mouth and then them coming back in saying someone was there to pick me up and take me home and here's a prescription for some shitty low strength vicodin.

yet i don't remember anything. one second the needle was going in, next second i'm waking up in an empty room with blood gushing out of my mouth and then them coming back in saying someone was there to pick me up and take me home and here's a prescription for some shitty low strength vicodin.

"I remember now. I remember how it started. I can't remember yesterday; I just remember doing what they told me...told me...told me...told me."

so today i'm super into reading on my ipad and walk into the building, holding the door open for some chick, walk to the elevator, we both get in the elevator, i'm still totally into my book, then we start walking down the hall totally into our own thing side by side and then open our doors at the exact same time (turns out she's my fucking neighbor). it was like something out of a terrible movie, i got a kick out of it haha. i'm so glad my neighbor is a quiet asian girl because my last neighbors were insane partying crazy people who would blast terrible music all night to which i'd combat it by blasting pantera and they weren't even college age or anything, they were like 30. there's definitely something great about not being able to hear any neighbors ever.

i'm so glad my neighbor is a quiet asian girl

Fuuuuuu.png