say something about ... yourself!

neighbor win

getting my face ripped open and teeth yanked out tomorrow. it's funny because i'm barely in any pain and not even nervous about the actual surgery, just the after effects and recovery, working the whole weekend after etc. gonna be going into home depot looking like a blood-drooling chipmunk. sweeet.

yeh your weekend is looking better than mine!

i just had some drillings and fillings done and the dentist ran out to some personal appointment before she could prescribe me some feel good pillz for my aching mouth. i got screwed!

Damn that sucks Neal. My wisdom teeth are coming in and my dentist said I won't need them removed, which is good I guess except now I'm teething like a goddamn baby. And if you're looking for good drugs I'd suggest getting an appendectomy, they gave me morphine and dilaudid at the hospital and Percocet to take home.

I got my wisdom teeth very early. They don't hurt, but two of them aren't lined up with the rest of my teeth so I'm constantly pulling them due to OCD. I must have them out.

and they weren't even college age or anything, they were like 30. there's definitely something great about not being able to hear any neighbors ever.

Not really getting the age relevance at all. I'd blast the hell out of my stereo as well if I was an inconsiderate douchebag, OR if I had my own house in the middle of nowhere.

Unfortunately, I'm not an inconsiderate douchebag, but have a neighbor that is; who would go outside at 2am in a drunken stupor shouting "lyrics" and strumming a very much out of tune guitar thinking that he was playing anything resembling music. He also enjoys smashing his own furniture right below my bedroom while I'm trying to sleep. It's been a great past five years, but I recently took action against him, and if he keeps up his shit, his ass is out of here. By now though it's kind of pointless since I plan on moving anyway.

yeh your weekend is looking better than mine!

i just had some drillings and fillings done and the dentist ran out to some personal appointment before she could prescribe me some feel good pillz for my aching mouth. i got screwed!

Sounds like your dentist just sucks. I haven't required anything for pain after having the few fillings I've needed taken care of over the last year. It's usually only when they screw up and end up hitting your gums in some way that you'll be feeling anything after the anesthesia wears off. Or maybe you're just a big baby. :)

Not really getting the age relevance at all. I'd blast the hell out of my stereo as well if I was an inconsiderate douchebag, OR if I had my own house in the middle of nowhere.

Unfortunately, I'm not an inconsiderate douchebag, but have a neighbor that is; who would go outside at 2am in a drunken stupor shouting "lyrics" and strumming a very much out of tune guitar thinking that he was playing anything resembling music. He also enjoys smashing his own furniture right below my bedroom while I'm trying to sleep. It's been a great past five years, but I recently took action against him, and if he keeps up his shit, his ass is out of here. By now though it's kind of pointless since I plan on moving anyway.

Sounds like your dentist just sucks. I haven't required anything for pain after having the few fillings I've needed taken care of over the last year. It's usually only when they screw up and end up hitting your gums in some way that you'll be feeling anything after the anesthesia wears off. Or maybe you're just a big baby. :)

the demographics of my neighborhood make it so that most people living here over 25 are families/responsible individuals so I wouldn't expect them constantly having parties and blasting music and screaming in this area unless they were students (on friday nights if you stick your head out the window you can hear screams from all over the building and chants of DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK, pretty much would be the perfect time to murder someone).

loud neighbors fucking suck and seriously, not having to hear anything is beyond amazing. it's eerie how quiet it is at night if i close my windows and i'm not bothered by anything, moving from the super hot studio at the front of the building that was constantly bombared by the sounds of people screaming/slamming the door to the building to this apartment was one of the best decisions i've made in a while.

Almost done with Breaking Bad. God damn, it just keeps getting better.

Now what will I watch to fill the void in my life left by this masterpiece?

Much of this is going to be redundant, but here are the shows that I've watched over the last six years that I thought were really good (despite either going downhill, or just having some "meh" episodes):

Prison Break (first season is the best by far)
Lost
Desperate Housewives (Yeah, I know...but don't knock it until you try it)
Dexter
Weeds
True Blood
BSG
Eureka
Sanctuary
Supernatural
The Unit
Warehouse 13
Spartacus (everyone here has probably already seen them anyway)
The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Hung
The Sopranos
Game of Thrones (see: Spartacus)
The Borgias
Wilfred
Oz
The Wire
Fringe

operation went well, took even less time then i thought (half hr for everything) started drooling blood everywhere for like an hr after but that's stopped. on percosets which make me feel very nice... started taking pills (so bitter and gross) to prevent bad facial swelling and right after i take them, i get violently nauseous and spit up blood. it's happend both times i've taken the pills so far, which none of the other meds (percs, antibiotics) have done. mildly concerned. otherwise, i feel way better than i thought i would after all this.