say something about ... yourself!

A couple of the guys from my old band Myiasis are in a newer-ish band now that played a show last night with another band whose singer was the singer for Myiasis back in the day. So we had a little Myiasis reunion of sorts last night and it was super fun. People dug it and now I want to start playing music again.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRLQWP5qPlo&hd=1[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBqWIzzXUhQ&hd=1[/ame]

ugh, cheap advertising tactics fucking blow. so my quest to see every daily show episode ever continues (have 2003-2006 complete, 1999-2002 a few select episodes or clips) and to see 1999-2002 aside from the maybe 5 episodes i have and interviews/clips of i've been watching it on their site where they have most of the episodes from the entire shows history. that's fine and great and all and i appreciate that they have so much of the shows complete history online, but of course THEY FUCKING SPLIT IT UP INTO SECTIONS. so to see one episode you have to watch 5-8 small clips of each segment of the show, and before each one there's about a 1/2 chance they'll have a 30 second advertisement (plus you have to open a fuckton of windows or do a lot of navigating, there's no way to just get all the clips to play in succession). considering how many episodes there are and that they're breaking up each episode into around 7 clips i'll probably have seen a makeup and cell phone ad 1,000 times before i finish 1999-2002 and can go back to watching the complete episodes i have from 2003 on.

fuck you advertisers. fuck you.

ugh, cheap advertising tactics fucking blow. so my quest to see every daily show episode ever continues (have 2003-2006 complete, 1999-2002 a few select episodes or clips) and to see 1999-2002 aside from the maybe 5 episodes i have and interviews/clips of i've been watching it on their site where they have most of the episodes from the entire shows history. that's fine and great and all and i appreciate that they have so much of the shows complete history online, but of course THEY FUCKING SPLIT IT UP INTO SECTIONS. so to see one episode you have to watch 5-8 small clips of each segment of the show, and before each one there's about a 1/2 chance they'll have a 30 second advertisement (plus you have to open a fuckton of windows or do a lot of navigating, there's no way to just get all the clips to play in succession). considering how many episodes there are and that they're breaking up each episode into around 7 clips i'll probably have seen a makeup and cell phone ad 1,000 times before i finish 1999-2002 and can go back to watching the complete episodes i have from 2003 on.

fuck you advertisers. fuck you.
They do it because they know that people who want the content bad enough will deal with it.

history.com puts the same fucking asshole smug 'technology experts' talking about a car on every ad break. if i see that pos on the road im running it in the ditch!

Heading to Wyoming over Christmas to get surgery for a herniated disc in my lower back that's been causing me hellacious pain and grief over the last 2 months. I can barely walk or sit up straight anymore, much less stand in one position for more than a couple of seconds. I've been sleeping on my couch with my knees up just so I can actually catch some z's. Overall, the last month has been horrible. Everything hurts and nothing helps, the pain just gets worse. I've had two sessions of physical therapy so far and they help a little, but also make the pain worse directly after the session. Once that pain subsides, I feel a bit better, but overall the progress has been very slow in getting better. It's time to just get this dealt with and be done with it. I've seen nothing but my cubicle at work and my couch over the last 2 weeks.

Fuckin sucks. Can't wait to be back to normal again.

Thanks man, I'm hoping to be pain free and back to walking like normal by the new year. My cousin in Wyoming is a spine surgeon, so I get to go spend the holidays with family I rarely see AND get my surgery done by someone I've known my whole life and trust completely. Sort of a win/win deal in an overall bad situation :)