say something about ... yourself!

....and that's just the thing: "at young age". I agree with you David, and I agree with neal... 100%
As much as I think that being a "young parent" is great, if I have to put that on one side of the scale, and every amazing thing I have experienced in the past 8 years since I turned 20, I would have to say the side of the past eight years of great wonderful moments, is a lot heavier...
Those years- no one can give you back, and many time people make decisions and regret them later when they turn 30-40 and realize that all of their 20's are gone.
(and really, the 20's will never come back)
You can always be a parent, but can you always be in your 20's?

She's not necessarily going to regret having lost time to party and whatnot. Just depends on the person - while one person might find it more worthwhile to party and have fun in their 20's, another might find it more worthwhile to start raising a family (which may be their own idea of fun). I know for a fact that my mother (who became pregnant at 19 and a mother at 20) would have regretted her 20's if she'd lived them the other way around.

If I were to have kids, I wouldn't want to wait past age 30. I'd want to be around for them as long as possible. Not that I want kids :Smug:

Anyone see Juno recently? These things work out. Once you get past how one-dimensional it may seem on the surface, all you need is love.

She's not necessarily going to regret having lost time to party and whatnot. Just depends on the person - while one person might find it more worthwhile to party and have fun in their 20's, another might find it more worthwhile to start raising a family (which may be their own idea of fun). I know for a fact that my mother (who became pregnant at 19 and a mother at 20) would have regretted her 20's if she'd lived them the other way around.

If I were to have kids, I wouldn't want to wait past age 30. I'd want to be around for them as long as possible. Not that I want kids :Smug:

Oh I know Cara, definitely, and that's why I said I'm not judging her or telling her what to do. I just wanted to bring all the aspects of arguments into the discussion...
and when I say "wonderful things in my 20's" I really don't mean "parties and booze" :Smug:
I mean, traveling the world, etc... (will not specify more than that, because what's the point? :) )

It is a personal decision after all.

well, i'm in my 20's and in no position to travel the world. if i don't have a job, i don't have the money to do so. if i'm off traveling all the time, well then i wouldn't have a job :p

eh i think i've got angina or something. every time i get really stressed, my heart hurts. for dayyyys. i couldn't even sleep on my left side at all last night :erk:

ps - i see raven browsing the forum!!

Ahh that is definitely not good Cara!

Yeah, I always had too many responsibilities and attachments to just be able to go travel, also never had enough money to cover all bases. I mean, if I really look at it, it could easily be done. I could go somewhere if I wanted to, but I'm content where I am, and to live very comfortably, maybe that's sad? Haha. I don't know I still enjoy going on holiday.

Ahh that is definitely not good Cara!

Yeah, I always had too many responsibilities and attachments to just be able to go travel, also never had enough money to cover all bases. I mean, if I really look at it, it could easily be done. I could go somewhere if I wanted to, but I'm content where I am, and to live very comfortably, maybe that's sad? Haha. I don't know I still enjoy going on holiday.

CPF still on?

eh i think i've got angina or something. every time i get really stressed, my heart hurts. for dayyyys. i couldn't even sleep on my left side at all last night :erk:

I've got a similar problem, it's pretty scary. My heart will start to hurt and I'm about to faint every few minutes/seconds. I should probably see a doctor but I'm kinda afraid of a certain diagnosis. I hope it's "just" a blood pressure issue or something with the circulation.

So, tardhome guy called me back, and he can't hire me as a PT. His bosses said no way in hell.
He'd only be allowed to pay me 10.75 an hour, and I could only work 4 days a week.

There went that job. I hope my prison interview the 20th works out, or I'm fucked.

I'd work 4 days a week for 10.75 an hour :loco:

That sucks though, hope your opportunity at the prison works out :(

Thanks Jen - I think this is all due to new job jitters. I DREAD being on my feet for 8 hours tomorrow & not knowing what I'm doing.

:( for both of you I hope it's nothing too serious despite it sounding sort of worrisome. You should see doctors, and try to just relax, de-stress and try to remain more calm! ::hugs::

Thanks! It's gotten a bit better the last few weeks, so yeah, we'll see...

So, tardhome guy called me back, and he can't hire me as a PT. His bosses said no way in hell.
He'd only be allowed to pay me 10.75 an hour, and I could only work 4 days a week.

There went that job. I hope my prison interview the 20th works out, or I'm fucked.

Sucks man! At least they don't keep you hanging in there for weeks - yeah I Know that's small comfort...

Hope that prison thing will work out for you! What did you apply for? A warden?