say something about ... yourself!

Congrats Jen. That's good for you, seriously.

I recently discovered that actually physically patting myself on the back when I do something I'm proud of really adds to the overall sense of accomplishment.

Thanks Kevin, I actually did something a little bit ridiculous. You know when you're just flooded with, relief and excitement you sort of just spazz out? Well walking out to my car, I was thinking "Holy shit I'm not one of them, I'm not there anymore, yay" and I sort of one third skipped, one third jumped, and one third waves both arms. I actually looked around and made sure no one was looking, then very discreetly got into my car and drove away haha.

That's great, Jen :)

Kinda...kinda already planning for
meatcon3.jpg

Just a little.

Alright, I am not laughing at anyone with a drug problem (after all, I had a drug problem), but I went to a meeting today, since my 4 year anniversary of being clean passed a few weeks ago, and I saw like 9 people from the group I was in when I first went through rehab, there were 17 people in the group including myself. The 9 people I saw are still junkies, and half of them didn't even remember me, and the other 7 who I did not see, are dead.

That sounds so cliche, but it really put things into perspective for me. So many people have no idea who I was, people I went to high school with, and even some of my "close" friends never had any idea. It's like, part of me wonder whether or not they had an idea but just never wanted to "believe" that their "friend" was a junkie.

And I guess because I am in a way "embarrassed" about who I was and what I did, and afraid that people are going to judge me, even you guys that I always deny myself of being proud.

So... after seeing how my group has turned out, and realizing that out of 17 people, who all were entering treatment around the same time, that four years later, I'm the only single one who hasn't relapsed, and who haven't died, either related to overdose, or complications from their addictions.

So, right now, I'm patting myself on the back, and just really pleased. Sorry to sound pretentious about it, but I'm rather proud haha.

And you should be proud! It's not pretentious to be proud of yourself, especially when you over came something as big as this. :)

Big congrats to you Jen!

I'm saving up!
anyone else from California going.... *Stares at Isabel, Neal, David*
Probably. I have a yawb now. I don't think Isabel and Neal would be interested though. :(

What is the Meat-Con all about? Is it a big ass banquet of all kinds of meat to sample?
Yes, and drinks, and you get to hang out with folks like me. And me. And I think I'll be there too. And Cara and Derick too. And some other chumps.