say something about ... yourself!

Well, work was interesting today. I went to lunch at 1:00, came back at 2:00, then from 2:00 to 3:00 we had our popcorn/soda party (reward for scanning a million documents last month). Then at 3:00 the department manager pulled me and two guys, and told us to meet our supervisor in a conference room way across the office. We had no idea what was going on, so we were obviously nervous.

She was waiting for us in the conference room, and started going into a lecture about how the head honchos had come and observed our department last week, and decided that some of the temps had to be cut. I think all three of us thought "crappppppp" at that moment. But then she said they had to choose the best temps to keep, and that we were it!

Meanwhile, the department manager had taken everyone else (seven people) into the other conference room to give them their bad news. After that he came over to our little meeting and told us that we WILL be hired permanently after our temp contract is up :kickass:

All the temps that had to be let go were already gone from the building by the time we got out of our meeting. They left all of their trash, and even some of their belongings! I bet some of them were pretty upset. It's sad. Some of them were really good workers. But that's business I guess, and I still have a job! With only three of us now instead of ten, we definitely won't be scanning a million documents every month, but that was never expected from our department to begin with.

WHEW.

Aha, sucks for you guys. I can say nigga to just about any black person because I know how to speak to them and they know I'm down.

I just bought a 120 gig Ipod my friend stole from his Circuit City for $100 I hope this stupid thing is worth it. I mostly want it for the car adapter.

I think you're completely missing the point here John. I can say "nigga" to any black person I know as well. But I'd never actually say "my pals" to any of em because the ones I know are anything but.

We all know black people man, you aren't the only one.

It's almost like he's implying it makes him better than us because he can get along with black people. It's really not that hard if you don't have to think about it.

i_cant_see_shit.jpg

I love how the only way to incite people to argument in here is to try to play nanny.

Anyway, any black/.6/negro/whatever reading this would either be (1) the kind of person being bashed or (2) the kind of person who wouldn't take offense because he'd know what was really going on. 'my pals' is a constantly used term that's often derogatory; while blacks don't have to be fried-chicken-eating and gangsta-rapping idiots with jewelry on their teeth and an utter inability to bathe, there are people like that - just like there's white trash that has eighteen kids, a double-wide, and an unshakable love for the GOP. Somehow the whole 'be a stupid, worthless scumbag because that's what people who look like you just have to do' thing is a very popular trend and, for the people being attacked, a large part of 'racial identity'... and if I were associated with them because of my skin color I'd be pissed at them and feel the same way, just like I'm annoyed that the stereotypical white American is a Baptist with horrible teeth who thinks Jesus rode dinosaurs to see the great flood.

Jeff

Aha, sucks for you guys. I can say nigga to just about any black person because I know how to speak to them and they know I'm down.
Are you fucking kidding me, that statement alone tells me just how not down you are. You're a gingery white kid. I doubt all da brotha's out dere are linin' up to kick it witcha!

(Don't confuse a black man who listens to rap, talks ghetto and is a fun guy to hang around with the dumb ignorant pieces of shit that try to be so hard to be gangsta.)

I think you're completely missing the point here John. I can say "nigga" to any black person I know as well. But I'd never actually say "my pals" to any of em because the ones I know are anything but.

We all know black people man, you aren't the only one.
THIS.
Any black person you know, being the key phrase, Kev.
Dude, if you just met a black guy and said 'nigga' he'd either be polite and ignore it or he'd call you on it and maybe even slap you upside the head. Seriously what the fuck :lol:

You really could quit saying my pals so much, just a suggestion.
You really could quit just be quiet and mind your own ;)

John, you're being silly. You don't have a monopoly on black peers.
SHTUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH MUTHAFUCKA THIS MAN IS DOWN TO RIDE AS WE OTHE RLOWLY WHITE MEN ARE NOT! WE ARE INFERIOR!

It's almost like he's implying it makes him better than us because he can get along with black people. It's really not that hard if you don't have to think about it.

I get along with everyone. I don't see skin, until they are like fucking monkeys then it's hard.

You guys are all my best friends.

YOU DOUBLE FRIEND!