say something about ... yourself!

Went to practice again today...two new songs for the next album are killer. Really, really dark and cold...evil sounding, yet musical. Should be an even bigger step up with the riffs being a teeny tiny bit more linear, but just as cold and dry as before.

Sad and depressed. That's right...sad AND depressed. Had been practicing for weeks singing and playing, and after finally getting it down, I tried it all today on the PA with all the effects and everything. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I wanted. I think I'll end up doing backing vocals and guitar because it's just not the type of music you can have shortcuts with. This isn't Metallica. Back to square one: ready to play, songs are ready, live setup is almost ready, excited, pretty big buzz going around ready for us to play, and SPLAT. Nothing. Another faceplant. Back to the drawing board.

Why is it so difficult to find a singer? I'm starting to think it's just going to be a studio band...I fucking hope not. We're not fucking Steely Dan.

Went to practice again today...two new songs for the next album are killer. Really, really dark and cold...evil sounding, yet musical. Should be an even bigger step up with the riffs being a teeny tiny bit more linear, but just as cold and dry as before.

Sad and depressed. That's right...sad AND depressed. Had been practicing for weeks singing and playing, and after finally getting it down, I tried it all today on the PA with all the effects and everything. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I wanted. I think I'll end up doing backing vocals and guitar because it's just not the type of music you can have shortcuts with. This isn't Metallica. Back to square one: ready to play, songs are ready, live setup is almost ready, excited, pretty big buzz going around ready for us to play, and SPLAT. Nothing. Another faceplant. Back to the drawing board.

Why is it so difficult to find a singer? I'm starting to think it's just going to be a studio band...I fucking hope not. We're not fucking Steely Dan.
Keep practicing until you can do it?

temporomandibular joint disorder

haven't gotten it diagnosed but i've read about it online and that sounds like the only thing that it can be. basically, my jaw is constantly popping, especially when i'm eating or talking and occasionally it locks up so that i can't open my mouth all the way. i've heard that it's fairly common and not really harmful, and there's nothing that can really done for it so i don't think it's necessary to get it checked out but it can be a fucking nuisance.